What's new

Your best/favorite features for a cigar lounge?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It needs a nice collection of sticks kept at as close to ideal conditions as possible. It should also be clean and comfortable. This is where most places fall short. Everything else is icing on the cake.

Isaiah

Casablancas
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
+1 Ventilation - in the summer my local lounge has large french/sliding doors that open up and it's as good as smoking outside on a summer day.

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
In order.
1) Perfect ventilation.
If it is a scrubber/reventilator system, it needs to be serviced and cleaned regularly.
Personally I'd recommended he puts in a recovery/scrubber system AND a straight exhaust system (with heated/fresh air intake) for crowded nights and events. Your client could even put the second system on remote. Or set to turn on off once a hour for 10 mins.
2) 65-68% RH in all humidors.
There is no need to ever leave this RH.

3) A very good, well stocked and well rounded selection of cigars.
From 50 dollar bundles to Davidoff, Ryj/macanudo to Pete Johnson/Padron

4) Clean bathrooms. Preferably 2. Always maintained and cleaned thru out the day.
Make them smell nice. Men like nice cologne scents as well...

5) Knowledgable staff. Possibly with most staff being CRT certified. (Tobacco University)

6) A clean Lounge and floors. Cleaned daily.
Everything from the chairs to the tables to the floors to even the remotes. All cleaned daily.

7) big Tvs that have good sound.

8) members night only (once a month)
(Play a new release movie, go to a nba game or nfl game. Come back after hours open up past closing and serve drinks food)

9) excellent wifi. Printer for use. Dedicated office space that can be reserved. (Enough for a member and two clients.)

10) drinks like a vending machine with water,soda. Free coffee (keurig maker)

11) A small to med selection of GOOD QUALITY cigar and pipe Accessories.
It doesn't have to be DuPont. But it shouldn't be all 3-5 dollar China lighters as well.

Did I mention a perfect ventilation system?
Jfire

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk