What's new

Your biggest cigar-related regret?

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
What major purchase do you regret? Could be a box of extremely expensive smokes that didn't measure up, or an accessory, or a social situation ... :angeryell

Here's mine: I paid $1200 years ago for an Aristocrat Mini that is not temperature regulated. It's a beautiful humidor and it does its job very well. When I bought it, I was pretty new to cigars and my enthusiasm caused me to think that since I live in San Diego (mild climate), I don't need anything other than humidity control. I wish I had ponied-up for the temp-controlled Mini.

Anyone wanna share?:)

Share your regrets here, please!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
ever smoking macanudo

ever smoking a te amo revolution

the amount of time it took me to find heartfelt beads

the amount of time it took me to find this place

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Spending close to 300 dollars for one of my first box of cigars at a local B&M - Montecristo Toros (thinking they were cuban - I know... I know...). I had not done my homework.

:barf:

JLB

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Ill second waiting too long to find heartfelt. Oh, and trying a Pvnisher.

-Jared

pmd

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great question! Craigslist cigar finds would be it for me. I've made three purchases from people I've found on CL all of which I've regretted in some way. Mostly finding out to late that the cigars hasn't been cared for properly.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Standing in line for hours to buy a box of Drac, a cigar that tasted like it was made by the Krylon Cigar Company!

Rating - 100%
137   0   0
My biggest regrets are:

-Not buying a box of Frank when I had the chance (I just started smoking and the $$ amount was more than I ever wanted to spend on tobacco... Even tho I pretty much spend that amount ever week now haha)

-Smoking what people thought was good in the beginning (macanudo, montecristo, Etc) instead of the boutique brands that I adore now.

smokemifugotem

BoM July '10
Rating - 100%
190   0   1
Not buying more cohete when mark had them sitting around well after release, not buying Eastie and westie cabs when I saw them every where thinking they were great...and it was great that they would always be available:), and smoking some cigars way too early and not waiting to age them. Only other regrets that I have are from times past where things were to busy or when I could have managed my time better to spend more time with friends and with cigars. The times that I have had and the cigars that I have smoked have always been amazing. I made it part of my New Years resolution that I would find that time and make it happen as much as possible.

Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I'm really digging this thread! My two are probably not getting on this site earlier (wtf was I waiting for) and not buying a box of Little Boris' :cryloud:

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Not taking care of a box of la Gloria Cubans Dominicans gifted to me by Don Geronimo ... I did not know any better at the time. They sat for months on my entertainment center then I went to smoke and gift them when a friend had a child... I ordered my first humidor the next day.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
I wouldn't say I have any regrets, I always felt if I missed an LE there was another 50 coming next anyway. The only thing I wish I didn't do was when I first started buying more than a few singles at a time, I blindly bought boxes, many of which I didn't care for a month or two later. But that was several years ago and I am pretty happy with the cigars I have now, enough to where I can smoke any one of them and get just as much pleasure, if not more, as any cigar that I "wish" I had bought.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Probably not getting into this hobby sooner. Besides that its the usual, wishing I didn't buy certain cigars and buying boxes when I should've just bought fivers of certain sticks, etc.

Oh, and I regret buying my second large humidor... A Wineador or cooler would've been a much better choice

Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Just read the lead post ...purchase wise would have to be cc counterfeit purchases. It was a great relief to learn but still then u regret the money spent. Luckily it wasn't much lol that coulda gone on for years.