What's new

Your brush with greatness

rookie139

Da Original Rookie
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Forgot...Met Jim Belushi when I was an extra in "Curley Sue" filmed in Chicago
ALso met Cuba Gooding Jr (very very short!) when I was an extra on the set of "Gladiator" (the boxing movie, not the Russell Crowe movie)

Also met Ex-Bear Chris Zorich about a month ago at my local smoke shop...One helluva nice guy!

IHT

Im-Ho-Tep
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
rookie139 said:
ALso met Cuba Gooding Jr (very very short!) when I was an extra on the set of "Gladiator" (the boxing movie, not the Russell Crowe movie)
that movie was awesome!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OOhhh K,

Let's see, Dorthy Hamil (figure skater) came in to eat dinner with her husband when I was 16, and I was their waiter, got her autograph.

I've met Chuck Norris, Alan Jackon, Faith Hill all here at the Pentagon for lunch performances for the military. Patty Loveless at a dance hall before she really became a big star, Aaron Tippon, Marty Stewart, Travis Tritt, Charley Daniels, Hank Jr. from concerts in Montgomery Al.

Miss USA 1984 Mai Shanley, she was a good friend of the family and performed in a local talent show with me and my dad.

Miss Teen USA 2002, and Miss Universe 2002 while over in Saudi during Thanksgiving, they were on a USO tour.

Miss Tiffany Taylor Miss Nov 98, Miss Stephanie Heinrich Oct 01 at a Cigar event, Miss Jenny McCarthy Oct 93 at her book signing.

That's all I can remember now, but I'm sure there are more of them I've met over the years.