What's new

Your Current Read

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Just finished Tony Dungy's "Quiet Strength". I thought it was a great read. I suggest this anyone who is strong in their faith, or anyone who isn't. He really gets into details that football is not his life, but life is a journey. Not sure what is next in line, got to check out Amazon.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Transact-SQL Programming for Microsoft SQL Server 6.5 /7.0 and Sybase Adaptive Server 11.5 ... a real page turner ... cannot wait for the movie to come out.

The Life of Pi has been sitting on my nightstand forever....
I'm reading a book by James Patterson (7th Heaven)...

But I love "The Life of Pi" the ending is weird but still an amazing book!

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
The Black Monk by Anton Pavlovich Chekhov.. I guess its a short story. I found a bunch of e-books and have been throwing some authors I should be reading onto my amazon kindle device.

Last book was The Fall by Albert Camus. Kinda zipped through those 160 "pages" since I got the Kindle on wednesday. Might read History of Byzantium next after hearing a Dan Carlin history podcast about the topic.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The Venetian Betrayal - Steve Berry.
I love this guy but his "fictional" stories are tougher reads. His stuff that is based on fact is much more enjoyable. He wrote a novel about the rebirth of the Russian Czars that bored me to tears and this one is about an Asian federation that is a combination of many former USSR countries.
Good, interesting history related books.

Broadway Joe

Formerly Havana Joe
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm reading "Choke" by Chuck Palanhiuk. God I love that author!
CP is one of my fav authors!~ Check out his new book, Snuff! AWESOME, I wouldn't wait for the paper-back. :thumbsup:

Right now I'm reading House of Leaves, it's thicker than the Bible, but so far it hasn't lived up to the hype...IMO

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
The book was awesome hearing him talk about the book was amazing...PM me when you are done and I will send you a link to hear him talk about it....
Reading this right now after seeing you guys talking about it and looking for a book at around the same time...about 80% through it.

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
CP is one of my fav authors!~ Check out his new book, Snuff! AWESOME, I wouldn't wait for the paper-back. :thumbsup:

Right now I'm reading House of Leaves, it's thicker than the Bible, but so far it hasn't lived up to the hype...IMO
Already did :wink: One day look up for "Guts", a brief story by him.

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I just picked up "Bringing Down the House" by Ben Mezrich. I will let you know how it is. Saw the movie and I have been wanting to read the book for some time now.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've always got two books going at once: one at work, that I read during lunch, and another at home.

Work - Dragon by Clive Cussler

On Deck - Mission Road by Rick Riordan

Home - The Lightning Thief by Rick Riordan

On Deck - The Match by Mark Frost

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Regarding: The Shack.

Reading this right now after seeing you guys talking about it and looking for a book at around the same time...about 80% through it.

Wow. Read this book folks. If you struggle with the "Big Questions" as I like to think of it, read this book.

Last edited:

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Haven't read Bringing Down the House, but if it is supposed to be better than the movie I'll have to check it out. I quite enjoyed the movie.

Along that theme, I am now reading Charlie Wilson's War. Saw the movie a while back and decided to see how the book was. Not very far in just yet but I like it. Much more biographical than I expected so far, rather than story telling.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just finished All Quiet on the Western Front and Voices from the Street, written by Philip K. Dick in the 1950's but not published until this year.