What's new

Your Current Read

JRL

Formerly known as Jeeper
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I am currently reading Protect and Defend by Vince Flynn.

I actually just got done reading a few chapters while smoking a Tatuaje.

I have read all of his books and would recommend them to everyone. Kinda like a Tom Clancy type of story line.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Catch-22 by Heller.

And books about computers sounds like much more fun than:
Priesthood in Ancient Israel,
Chronicles and its synoptic parallels in samual, kings, and related biblical texts.

They are as exciting as they sound.

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I've been working through Stephen King's Dark Tower Series. Just finished book IV: Wizard and Glass and am about to start Book V: Wolves of the Calla. A friend read it and said it's got a bit of cheese in this next book, but the first four were pretty good so I'm going to keep going.

I tend to read in spurts. Nothing for several months and then boom I'll read like 12 books in 2 months. I never know when the mood to dissociate myself from the real world and escape into some books will hit.

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
Just finished I am Legend by Richard Matheson...great read.
This is the one book I've read where I thought the (new) movie was better. Even with the theatrical ending of the new move vs the alternate ending, I thought it was better than the original book. Blech.

Anyway, just finished reading the three Dexter novels. Excellent reads, though the last book goes in a bit of a stranger direction than I would have preferred. Just bought most of Showtime's season 2 and watched it while flying back and forth from Denver. Just a freaking great TV show. The first season follows the first novel very closely. The second season has very little to do with the second novel. I highly recommend both the books and the show.

Currently reading Neil Boortz's "Somebody's gotta say it!" Great read. I don't agree with him on everything, but he makes some very good points and he's fun to read.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
This is the one book I've read where I thought the (new) movie was better. Even with the theatrical ending of the new move vs the alternate ending, I thought it was better than the original book. Blech.

Anyway, just finished reading the three Dexter novels. Excellent reads, though the last book goes in a bit of a stranger direction than I would have preferred. Just bought most of Showtime's season 2 and watched it while flying back and forth from Denver. Just a freaking great TV show. The first season follows the first novel very closely. The second season has very little to do with the second novel. I highly recommend both the books and the show.

Currently reading Neil Boortz's "Somebody's gotta say it!" Great read. I don't agree with him on everything, but he makes some very good points and he's fun to read.
Me and the wife loved the Showtime series.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Banana: The Fate of the Fruit That Changed the World
by Dan Koeppel

It's quite interesting. The banana we eat isn't the banana our grandparents ate because it was killed off by disease and how our current banana my soon be doomed to the same fate. The book delves in to the history of bananas, how many people in the world rely on it for food, how it has helped topple Central American governments with the help of big business, "Banana Republics", and how scientists are fighting to find a cure or replacement for our beloved Cavendish banana.

amgracing

///M POWERRR
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Cigar aficianado august 2008 great read!

for anyone who likes outdoors, guns and things of the like, read God, Guns,and Rock & Roll by Ted Nugent i couldn't put it down infact I read it 3 times

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
Just finished Things I Overheard While Talking to Myself by Alan Alda.
I just started "The Dirt" Motley Crue.
The Dirt is awesome, I've read it twice and it is now in the hands of my wife. she'll be done in 2-3 days as she reads pretty quick. Her first night, I hear her laughing out loud a bit about on of the guys girlfriends, then she yelled EEEWWWWW GROOOSSSSSS!!!! if you haven't gotten that far, you'll know it when you get there.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0

I read Boortz's book a while back and found it to be an entertaining read as well.
currently:
Executive Warfare by David D'alesandro for knowledge.
Yankee for Life by Bobby Murcer for inspiration.
When You are Engulfed in Flames by David Sedaris for grins and giggles.

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
The Dirt is awesome, I've read it twice and it is now in the hands of my wife. she'll be done in 2-3 days as she reads pretty quick. Her first night, I hear her laughing out loud a bit about on of the guys girlfriends, then she yelled EEEWWWWW GROOOSSSSSS!!!! if you haven't gotten that far, you'll know it when you get there.
I was at eeeeeewwwwww and gggggrrrrrroooooosssss at page 26.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I am reading Guests of the Ayatollah by Mark Bowden. I am a big fan of his writing
Good book, drags a bit in some places but I enjoyed it...

Right now reading The Organic God by Margaret Feinberg
And I just finished The Shack by William P. Young