What's new

Your Cutter of Choice

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
the Palio always gives me the best cut. Tried almost all of them, except the SAK cutter, which I've heard is very good as well.

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I know I am biased but I have used the Palio as my "go to" for several years. I bought the newer Xikar (not made in Germany) and it's ok, I still find myself going back to the Palio.

The SAKs are sweet!

It's funny, I think it has more with how you like the motion of operation but it seems that most people these as the top three (in no particular order):

Palio
SAK
Xikar

Then there is always the class move of the thumbnail which is old school and when done smoothly, looks pro.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I just found out about a group buy on the palio. Shoot me a PM for more info.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use the Xikar at home. Have an older one with blades made in Germany. I use the SAK when I'm out of the house. The SAK has a knife and file so I carry it with me all the time. Use the knife and cutter alot. The SAK's are nice and sharp. Cuts through 50-52 ring cigars like butter :thumbsup:

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
I use a Palio and have a back-up Palio. I'm going to get a SAK soon though :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
SAK + Palio are my best blade cutters. I also bought a double-sided punch off Ebay recently that is working very well.

I think the punch will be my main tool for most cigars, with the cutters used for really thin cigars or pyramides/torpedoes

derek

An OG with low post count
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I normally use my punch cutter, but once in a while I use my Xikar

Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Xikar for me, but if I hesitate it will sometimes give a jagged cut. Also my blades have been sticking lately, so it may be time to try something else.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
pharmgator said:
Xikar for me, but if I hesitate it will sometimes give a jagged cut. Also my blades have been sticking lately, so it may be time to try something else.
You can send it back to customer service and they should fix that for you. They have the best warranty in the business, AFAIK! :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I like Xikar cutters.

But I also like this little cheapy the Havana Cutter. This thing cuts as good as a Xikar cutter. I think the price was around $4.00 and now they are more scarcer and the price went up to about $8.00.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only thing I've used are cheap cutters and my recent purchase from cigarbid, a Xikar cutter which I really like. I'm intrigued by Palio cutters since so many of you guys have great things to say about them. However, I've never seen or used one. For right now though, I'll just stick with my Xikar as anything more that I spend on cigar accessories could be spent on what I enjoy the most... ISOM CIGARS!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
pharmgator said:
Take some rubbing alcohol and clean the blades. Also, take some compressed air and blow out the pieces of tobacco that get stuck in there.

Cliff is right, they do have great customer service.

I notice if I do not cut fast enough it will leave a bump out of tobacco.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
jcgoldner said:
I know I'll end up with a Palio also before to long.......go figure! :squinteye
There's a group buy for them right now if you're interested.