What's new

Your experience with Kristoff cigars?

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
All good points. I should note that the torpedos were smoked within the first week of getting them. The larger sizes were in the humi for at least 10 days. I don't think it was the rest in these cases. Also, this goes back to May when the temps were not as extreme.
Rest matters much more than people realize. Smoke a CAO fresh from the mail and then smoke one that has rested four months. I've had the opportunity to do it. The difference is night and day. It doesn't make them Padrons, but it does reveal a whole different animal.

My aunt's last husband smoked CAO's and Perdomos almost exclusively. He swore that they both needed at least three months to start coming together. He also said he preferred six months for his CAOs.

I have no experience with Kristoff, but try buying a single and letting it sit for a month. Then again, taste is subjective.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Regarding the whole idea of resting it...are we taking into account the time it spent resting before it was shipped? Surely a few days in transit in a zipped bag are not going to require starting the whole process over. I don't know that I buy that a cigar that is just plain bad after you get it is going to be amazing 6 months later.
Like some have said, some of them are not for me. I started the thread mostly to see if others experienced such a huge quality difference between sizes of the same cigar.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Maybe the brand just isn't for you. In my limited experience more aging seems to make a lot of difference for some brands. I've run into it with CAO. I noticed a significant difference in Gurkha Wicked Indies after just two weeks.

I'm not a botanist and I just don't get it. Some blends rock rott and some just take forever. Then again, taste is subjective. I hate Nub cigars and still somebody obviously likes them enough to keep them in business.