What's new

Your Favorite Cigar for First-Timers?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've actually got a good number of Perdomo ESV '91 seconds that I've been giving to my friends that occasionally smoke and I've not had a complaint yet. Mild body but lots of flavor.

RigilKent

RigilKent
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
i have given out many different smokes to friends CAO Black, CAO Brizillia, Perdomo Champagne, My brother is a cigarette smoker but ocasionally i convert him and he like this on the stronger side he may get a good TAT. Also i find it is very important to let them know that you can just puff away and have it be good. make sure that they puff about once a minute so the do get a hot bitter smoke and get put off.

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Gibbleguts- petite edmundo for a starter stick for friends huh, Love it. Just love it!!
Resons behind it are lots of flavour, not too strong but strong enough to know you are smoking. I like fairly big ring gauge cigars for new smokers as they are easier to get enough smoke and not over heat it looking for more. Finally it is a fairly short smoke so they and you won't feel guilty for them not enjoying a 2 hour smoke.

One more thing shouldn't everyones first smoke be a cc. My .02

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Some great suggestions above... I cut my gums on the Cusano 18 line and then when mild didn't do it for me anymore I move upward to CAOs... maybe a Soprano or Black VR. Toranos are another great suggestion or even a few lines from Gurkha... Nepalese Warrior...

Just my .02...

- J

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
One more thing shouldn't everyones first smoke be a cc. My .02

I agree, so I would recomend a RyJ Cazadore or a HdM des Dieux. If he gets past those LFD DL Reserva would be in order. I figure if he comes back for more he'll be a guy you can enjoy a smoke with. If he loses lunch anywhere along the way so be it he's not an issue. This way I don't have to stock cigars I wouldn't smoke.:innocent:

gibbleguts

BoM april 09
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I agree, so I would recomend a RyJ Cazadore or a HdM des Dieux. If he gets past those LFD DL Reserva would be in order. I figure if he comes back for more he'll be a guy you can enjoy a smoke with. If he loses lunch anywhere along the way so be it he's not an issue. This way I don't have to stock cigars I wouldn't smoke.:innocent:
I am not quite sure I would go that heavy on him but I guess the intent is there. Could have sworn I've seen you post about QdO as well I think they are too mild but a cazadore i wouldn't give to an unseasoned smoker. Maybe you're just a little too seasoned.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Macanudo , Partagas, Romeo y Julieta NC's. All nice cigars, well regarded and easy to find.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Royal Jamaicas are what I would recommend. I smoke them a bit, but they are awesome starter cigars.

TYLER

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
About a week ago I tried my first Aquarius; and one of my notations was that this would be an outstanding first time cigar! Very mild and fully flavorful from stem to stern, there was no way this would treat anyone harshly nor would someone question the art of cigar making/smoking after having one of these.