What's new

Your favorite lanceros

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm seeing all these threads about lanceros and I'm intrigued. I've smoked maybe one, ever.

So what are your favorite lanceros? And the size you like the best. Seems like lancero refers to a plethora of different long cigars.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
What you get with a lance is better wrapper-to-filler ratio. Since a cigar's wrapper is the most important factor in its flavor profile, more wrapper = more flavor! :)

My absolute favorite lance is the Edgar Hoill. She's fan-freaking-tastic! (y) Available at Small Batch Cigar. Be sure to use the BOTL10 code to get 10% off. And while you're there, get yourself the Tatuaje lancero sampler.

Enjoy! ;)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Since a cigar's wrapper is the most important factor in its flavor profile, more wrapper = more flavor! :)
I've heard that but then I've also heard the opposite as well. When you think about it, the wrapper really only makes up a tiny amount of the smoke emitted by a cigar. Probably less than 1%. Even with a lancero it's probably not more than two or three percent. Which is why I've always had a hard time understanding how a wrapper could make that much difference in the quality of the smoke.

Now the binder, since it's thicker, might make up a larger percentage of the flavor. But from everything I've read, the wrapper is just a pretty piece of paper-thin leaf.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Last edited:

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
-Casa Fuente Lancero is my favorite of all time. Unfortunately last 4 people that went and told me they would stop in at Casa Fuente to grab me one couldnt because they were sold out every time.

-Don Carlos Lancero is my # 2 favorite hell it may be tied for #1. Its fantastic.

-Illusione Holy Lance Maduro

-I have only had one Opus X lance and it was not the best experience but I dont think I rested it long enough.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Cain F is my all time favorite (duh)

Other favorites include:
El Titan de Bronze sun-grown
Oliva V
Casa Fuente
My father
DPG blue

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
There are tons of good ones. A lance is my favorite longer smoke size

Oliva V with some age
El Triunfador
HE
L40(not smoked one, but supposed to be great)
And waiting in the new CH Jericho Hill Lance!

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I know that I speak blasphemy, but I'm not a big Lancero fan.

Worst cigar I have ever smoked, period, was an LD40. (To be fair, I've had one that was excellent too)

I find them to be frequently rolled too tightly, have a poor draw, and a more-often-than-some-other-vitola's, tendency to tar.

That's not to say that I hate Lanceros, but I don't go ga-ga over them like some folks.

That said, the Tat black petite Lancero is excellent. The Ortega lance that came as part of the DC Tweetup a couple years ago was one of my all time favorites too. If you can get your mittens on the Headley Grange drumstick, that's worthwhile as well.

With the evenings becoming bareable to sit out in for a couple hours, I'd rather smoke a churchill.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
I know that I speak blasphemy, but I'm not a big Lancero fan.

Worst cigar I have ever smoked, period, was an LD40. (To be fair, I've had one that was excellent too)

I find them to be frequently rolled too tightly, have a poor draw, and a more-often-than-some-other-vitola's, tendency to tar.

That's not to say that I hate Lanceros, but I don't go ga-ga over them like some folks.

That said, the Tat black petite Lancero is excellent. The Ortega lance that came as part of the DC Tweetup a couple years ago was one of my all time favorites too. If you can get your mittens on the Headley Grange drumstick, that's worthwhile as well.

With the evenings becoming bareable to sit out in for a couple hours, I'd rather smoke a churchill.
But all the cool kids are doing it... what, you don't want to be cool?

In seriousness, maybe your sticks are too wet? I've only had draw issues with less than 5 lances and maybe one tar issue. Everything else has been solid. What makes me so special? I don't know, except that I live in dry-a$$ California where over humidification is 100% user error.

.. and this is 100% Speculation.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I'm not a huge lancero fan but I have had a couple lately that have made me rethink this.
- RomaCraft Cromagnon Atlatl
- JD Howard Reserve Single Action

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
two lanceros that I've heard great things about, but have never tried, are the La Aroma de Cuba and San Cristobals

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
One that hasn't been mentioned yet, but to me is an exceptional lance is the Regius Exclusivo USA Red label and definitely one of my favorites.
A couple of things about lanceros that makes them a great cigars is to always smoke them slower than you would a larger ring gauge. They can get hot rather easy, so baby it along. I have to pay closer attention to a Lancero than any other size. It truly pays dividends IMO.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
-Casa Fuente Lancero is my favorite of all time. Unfortunately last 4 people that went and told me they would stop in at Casa Fuente to grab me one couldnt because they were sold out every time.

-Don Carlos Lancero is my # 2 favorite hell it may be tied for #1. Its fantastic.

-Illusione Holy Lance Maduro

-I have only had one Opus X lance and it was not the best experience but I dont think I rested it long enough.
I like the DC lance better than the CF lance but both are very good.

Reactions: ENV