Your favorite lanceros

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
Ezra Zion All My Ex's Lancero is EXCELLENT
Smoked my first one last night.

1) with that RG, I'm having a hard time thinking it was a lancero

2) it was pretty mild. Light pepper to start, slight caramel ting, but mostly a woody flavor. Does this sound right?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have four I really love to smoke, J Grotto reserve lancero, the Opus X lost city lancero, and the old man in the C by Tatuaje, oh and the El Triunfador.
There are others that are quite nice but these four I try to keep around all the time

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Smoked my first one last night.

1) with that RG, I'm having a hard time thinking it was a lancero

2) it was pretty mild. Light pepper to start, slight caramel ting, but mostly a woody flavor. Does this sound right?
It's possible that the cigar could have been a little dried out. I find 67 to 70% is about perfect for most cigars. I keep my Cubans at 65% but that's my personal preference. I have smoked all three vitolas of the All My Ex's and although the flavors you describe are present , I would not call any of those flavors light. I would say Bold black and white pepper to start, followed by coco and Carmel then transitioning to a cedar with moderate black pepper lingering finish. Let another Lancero rest for a few weeks to a month at 67 to 70% humidity and try it then. I have smoked quite a few of the All My Ex's along with several friends and we all thought it was an incredibly tasty stick no matter which vitola we tried.

sean

BoM June 13
Rating - 100%
158   0   0
It's possible that the cigar could have been a little dried out. I find 67 to 70% is about perfect for most cigars. I keep my Cubans at 65% but that's my personal preference. I have smoked all three vitolas of the All My Ex's and although the flavors you describe are present , I would not call any of those flavors light. I would say Bold black and white pepper to start, followed by coco and Carmel then transitioning to a cedar with moderate black pepper lingering finish. Let another Lancero rest for a few weeks to a month at 67 to 70% humidity and try it then. I have smoked quite a few of the All My Ex's along with several friends and we all thought it was an incredibly tasty stick no matter which vitola we tried.
Wait, so maybe I shouldn't have left it on my desk for a week before smoking it?!?

I'm kidding. The wine fridge is dialed in at 65. I'm guessing the HE Norteño I smoked on the car ride home, or the heavily spiced shwarma and kebab I ate at dinner probably had muted my tastebuds...

Rating - 100%
45   0   0
Headly Grange Drumstick has to be up there. I had Opus X Destino Al Siglo that was divine. The L40 is very good. Those can all be pretty hard to find though.

More readily available - el triunfador are great (I'm something of a tat whore though). Cain F are great and a great price.

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I live in dry-a$$ California where over humidification is 100% user error.

.. and this is 100% Speculation.
I think your math is wrong. But then again, that is based on 50% speculation, 50% guess work, and 50% just knowing how to do math.

As for the OP's question, get the tat sampler, you will NOT be disappointed.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a smoking ( pun intended) deal on a box of San Lotano lanceros from C Page about a week ago and smoked one ROTT. It was a little wet, but still really good. Can't wait to get them rested and try again.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are still sooooooo many that I haven't tried, and I am maxed out on Whytner refrigerators, humidors, tupperdors, coolidors, and acrylic jars.