What's new

Your first cigar

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Mine was a Onyx Reserve that I had while playing golf with a couple friends back in high school. I don't remember liking it too much, but it obviously didn't scare me away from cigars :grin: How about everyone else?

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
If u want to call it a real cigar, It was a Back Woods, on a Boy Scout Camping trip (me and a buddy had to watch the fire on late nite shift), O yes I go sicker than a dawg too ....:barf: (Sorry Chuck I broke one of the rules ..:crytears:)

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Do Backwoods and Swishers really county? I cant even remember my first cigar. I do remember getting one heck of a headache off a Punch Royal corination. The first ones I do remember purchasing are a Hemmingway Classic and El Ray Robusto Larga/

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
My first was a Royal Jamaica lancero sized cigar. I think it was a maduro, becuase i remember it being dark, hell, i think it may have been purple. It was sometime in December, i was standing outside in downtown Columbus, OH overlooking the river and i was about 9 degrees of effed up, and i hadn't been drinking. (back in my younger days) Anyhow, at the time, it seemed like the greatest experience of my life. I also remember making about 10 trips back to the cigar shop i bought it at and buying more cigars, one at a time, and a box to put them in. my first collection. i know one was an AF 858 and another was an AF Canones (the BIG ones) i believe i bought an Ashton and a Dunhill as well. (name recognition even way back then)

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
Well, this is kind of a trick question...Since highschool I use to gut them then fill them with the ol'wacky tabbacie! (optimo, Garciayvega, phillies, etc) but the first whole, non-wacky cigar was a Montecristo #2 (cc)...and we all know what happened next!

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
First cigar.....my father smoked Phillies Blunts.....bleccchhhhh

First fine cigar.....Torano Silver Exodus.....I liked the look of the band. Still do.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first was on a business trip. It was a H. Upmann Chairmans Reserve Churchill. God that was a good smoke, I sure wish I could still find them.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
My first was a Punch, not sure which one, but I was hooked back in the early nineties right out of school. Since then I have dabbled, until recently when I found this place...

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My first cigar was back in the mid 90's. My wife worked for a company out of Atlanta and we had a company cookout to attend one day. One of the guys who also worked for the company worked part time for a cigar shop and brought out a ziplock bag full of cigars. He gave me my first cigar which was a Macanudo vintage 1993.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Mine was more than 45 years ago, so I don't remember, but I can guarantee it was some machine made in the USA stick, like a White Owl. That was back in high school. I remember trying a cheap, hand made maduro that I got at a candy store, and it was a revelation. Despite that, I smoked cigars like White Owls through college, since they were cheap, easy to find, and what the head of the English department smoked (yes, we smoked in class in those good old days). When I graduated, I went to Dunhill's in NYC and bought a box of Dunhill's panatelas. I don't think I've had a White Owl since... :smokingbo

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
not to thread jack, but i know macanudos were some of the first cigars people smoked, myself included, as they were big in the 90's cigar boom. anyhow, my wife bought me one when she found out she was pregnant back in 2000. I held on to it for nearly 8 years and finally smoked it last Ocotober while on vacation. I gotta tell ya, while i'm no longer a macanudo fan, this one was really good. the 8 years of age turned it into a really great cigar. it was the big prince edward, double corona i think. i absolutley loved it. I'm sure it helped that it was a special cigar and that i smoked it while on vacation in paradise, negril, jamaica.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
We had smoked swishers and backwoods after highschool. but my first real smokes came after I found a wallet with $400+ in it and (swear on my life) no ID. So we went to the all night grocery store and bought a couple bottle of liquor, some beer and a box of macanudo hamptom Court Tubos. I had them for a couple of months, figuring the tube would keep them fresh. I don't smoke Macs now, but they are still a well made, light bodied cigar. I would smke one anytime and nt be ashamed of it.