What's new

Your first cigar

Rating - 100%
110   0   0
I can't wait to get back in the states and go visit that family friend who gifted me the Mac at 14. I figure I'll give him a try of a Pepin blend or some Oliva goodness.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
The first cigar I ever had was from a little shop in Little Havana in Miami. I was working on my Master's degree and an Australian friend of mine and I went to Calle Ocho for the afternoon. After some lunch of Cuban sandwiches, we walked down to check out the cigar shops (he was buying a box of LGC). We walked into this little shop (El Titan de Bronze) and talked to this old guy who runs it for about a half hour. Tim bought some robustos from him, and bought me a corona. We sat down at a cafe and had Cuban coffee and my first cigar.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Garciayvega was my first cigar. It was the first time I had smoked anything.... I know I had a rather straight childhood and teen years. No one in my family ever smoked cigars (or the other either). Then my little brother informed me he liked smoking. I knew my wife used to like smoking as well. So we bought a pack and I have been hooked ever since. I knew there had to be some thing better out there to smoke so I started looking at the samplers at different sites. Picked one and started from there.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
The first cigar I ever had was from a little shop in Little Havana in Miami. I was working on my Master's degree and an Australian friend of mine and I went to Calle Ocho for the afternoon. After some lunch of Cuban sandwiches, we walked down to check out the cigar shops (he was buying a box of LGC). We walked into this little shop (El Titan de Bronze) and talked to this old guy who runs it for about a half hour. Tim bought some robustos from him, and bought me a corona. We sat down at a cafe and had Cuban coffee and my first cigar.

That's gotta be like the dream way of being introduced to cigars, with the exception of being in cuba for your first.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Not sure what it was, but I remember the time. I was at a Christmas party in 1993 and a buddy brought some cigars, I recall him saying, "these are $13 cigars." I think that was bull, being that it was 15 years ago and factoring in inflation and all, I just don't think that Phil would've spent that much on sticks, knowing him as well as I do. But from that cigar, I was hooked, no idea what it was, but I recall it being wonderful.

Thanks Phil.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
not to thread jack, but i know macanudos were some of the first cigars people smoked, myself included, as they were big in the 90's cigar boom. anyhow, my wife bought me one when she found out she was pregnant back in 2000. I held on to it for nearly 8 years and finally smoked it last Ocotober while on vacation. I gotta tell ya, while i'm no longer a macanudo fan, this one was really good. the 8 years of age turned it into a really great cigar. it was the big prince edward, double corona i think. i absolutley loved it. I'm sure it helped that it was a special cigar and that i smoked it while on vacation in paradise, negril, jamaica.
Great story.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I smoked when I was a young boy, in Scouts and such. Always cheap machine made cigars. I do remember having a taste for those Hava-Tampa Jewels. First real cigar was after a new tobacco shop opened back around 97 or so, I went in and asked about hand made smokes. The owner set me up with about 5 smokes to start with and advised that I take notes on the bands and return to the shop with my smoking notes. I fell in love with cigars on the first one. They don’t make them anymore that I know of…It was a Dunhill made with “Monte Cruz” label. I loved those cigars back then, and would probably smoke a few these days if they were still around. I smoked a lot of the Fuente products like Montesino and La Unica back then. I should revisit those old favorites it’s been awhile since I smoked some of those…

Enjoy your smokes Gentlemen,

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I don't remember what the first one was. But I sure remember the second. My friend and room mate at the time had a nice little glass topped humi. It took him a while but he finally convinced me to try one. Like I said I don't remember what the first one was, it was just ok. But since I always like try things twice I tried another one a week or so later. It was a RyJ Reserve Maduro #4. That was a much better smoke than the first one. Nice and smooth with good flavor and voluminous clouds of smoke. We were just sitting on the back porch after a nice grilled steak dinner and enjoyed the coming sunset, some drinks, and conversation.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
My first cigar was probably a Swisher Sweet. The first cigar I enjoyed was one given to me by my uncle a couple of years ago. It was a Cohiba of some sort, probably a (Dominican) Red Dot, but I don't know for sure. All I know is that it tasted fantastic to me, and pretty soon I was seeking out cigars on my own . . .

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The first one? Hmm, probably a Swisher or som eother cheapie. Me and my buddies smoked alot of these during high school, especially when fishing or hanging out. My first hand rolled cigar was a Don Diego that I picked up at the local beer distridutor. I still have a soft spot for them and keep a couple in my humidor to this day.

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don`t count the Swishers, RG Duns and King Edwards I smoked when I was a kid. I honestly don`t remember what my first handmade was... but i liked it!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
The first cigar at all was some kind of Cherry machine-made that we got the night of the first dorm party freshman year. A few years later, I started smoking Antony y Cleopatra Grenadiers a couple of times a year. At a party 13 years ago, a guy passed around "real" cigars from a box he'd been given. I have no idea what they were, but they led me to where I am today.