What's new

Your first Opus X.

Danilo

"The Target"
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
I think my first one was a XXX "the power ranger"... pretty damn good, strong and flavorful, but I lost a lot of the flavors in the power of it... I've been wanting to get some more of the "Power rangers" but never find them...:(

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Me neither, gotta try one though some day.
some reason i find that hard to believe.. i mean i know i dont know you personally brother but come on...

speaking of getting ur ass kicked my friend got the shit kicked out of him by HALF a CAO Brazilia the other night it was hilarious...

But back to the subject i actually have not had one yet :scratchhe

Rating - 100%
21   0   0
My first Opus wasn't too long ago infact here it is [ame="http://www.botl.org/community/forums/showthread.php?t=25442"]My first Opus! - BOTL Cigar Forums - Brothers of the Leaf[/ame]

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Originally Posted by Brother Boss
A better cigar for less money is any Tatuaje though

That is subjective.
That is subjective.

Different cigars. Different tastes. I love the Opus for that taste. That Opus taste. Unmistakable.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
My first Opus experience was a few years ago, and bittersweet...

I bought 2 Power Rangers that came from an estate sale, and had been in the original owner's humidor for a few years. I bought them as a Christmas gift to me with my bonus money (times were really tight then)

I took the first one over to my buddy's house for 'garage night' where we sit around and smoke cigars and hang out. I made it about ½ way through it, and I kind of passed out with my eyes open (I was DONE for the night). I dropped it on the floor, and was dazed sitting in my chair. A few minutes later I exclaimed "Holy shit, did it just get brighter in here?!?!?!" (I still swear that it did) and I have gotten hell for it ever since. :grin:

I finished that cigar the following night, and have had several since. I've never had a cigar knock me around like that one before or since.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Oh man, Mine was May 27, 2001!!! I believe it was FF. It was a pure slice a heaven! It should've been for the price I paid, $65!!!! I know... I know!! $65!!! There's a back story trust me. I posted the original account of this on another board and here it is. The story begins May 26, 2001.

As you can figure I went in the next day and bought one...just one. Later that day on the other board I was contacted by Fuente and they inquired about the supposed "rep". A week later, I get another message from Fuente saying they yanked the dealers authorized rep license and that the "rep" didn't work for them!!

Two weeks after that I went into the shop again to pick up some Hoyo de Monterrey's. The shop owner recognized me and literally kissed my ass. He kept asking me who I worked for, who I knew and that he was sorry for the "misunderstanding" a few weeks back. It was hilarious. Need less say, every time I went in after that I was treated like royalty and all my sticks were at MSRP or less!! :cbig:
Thats crazy man! If that were me I would not have gone back! That really burns me up!! :argh:

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I took the first one over to my buddy's house for 'garage night' where we sit around and smoke cigars and hang out. I made it about ½ way through it, and I kind of passed out with my eyes open (I was DONE for the night). I dropped it on the floor, and was dazed sitting in my chair. A few minutes later I exclaimed "Holy shit, did it just get brighter in here?!?!?!" (I still swear that it did) and I have gotten hell for it ever since. :grin:
A good friend of mine and member of another cigar board had never had a xXx, so I gave him one at the lounge one day. Now granted Jason usually smokes 2 cigars a day at most, and I think he'd had four already. So he proceeds to light the Opus and about half way through, he disappears for a bit. About 20 minutes later he tells me he went to the bathroom, shit and then proceeded to puke his guts out. That was the last Opus he's smoked since. :rofl: :halfgrinw

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
just another example of how wade plans to corner the opus market. make everyone else think that they'll get sick if they smoke them!!!! brilliant!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Have not had an Opus yet. Been doing a lot of research on em and they seem to get mixed reviews. I dont think I'll like em. They cost too darn much. I could be wrong but I think my expectations will be set too high to really enjoy one. Im still new to cigars but I have found that I enjoy the cheaper sticks the most. Like Perdomo's Champagne, Gran Habano's CT #1 and #3 Habano, CAO Brazila, RP's Vintage 92 and Oliva G series Cameroon . I've tried a few Griffins a coupe Cohiba's but they are not as enjoyable as my cheppies. I want to step out of the box a little and try some less "main stream" brands like some of the brands you guys mentioned in your top tens, but I dont know what to try next. Any suggestions on some non main stream brands that won't break the bank and that I might like based on my forementioned favs?

Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Have not had an Opus yet. Been doing a lot of research on em and they seem to get mixed reviews. I dont think I'll like em. They cost too darn much.
PM me your addy and I will send you a super belicoso to try for free...I think that price is right??

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
The first time for me was the day I realized I needed to make MORE money! A true miracle in tobacco they remind me of Christmas time with the clove and cinnamon and then they have a twist of orange kinda like a cloved orange around the hollidays. I love them and I'll be the first to admit that YES I've had bad ones especially fresh. There is something about the wrapper that you need to rest it for a good couple of years, I think the wrapper is a little thick which leads to burn issues. All cigars have construction issues and that is why we keep going after the perfect cigar with the perfect situation.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first Opus was a similar experience to some, as I made the foolish mistake of not fully appreciating the strength level, despite several warnings and reviews stating such. I enjoyed it thoroughly, don't get me wrong, but I smoked it on an empty stomach without anything to drink! :frown: Well, shortly after finishing it off, I was sitting on the couch and I started to get cold sweats. My girlfriend looked over at me, and asked if I was feeling ok. I replied that I was feeling a little sick, at which point she said, "You know, I didn't think you could get any more pale than you are, but you are as white as your socks right now..."

At that point, I ran to the bathroom and hugged the toilet, praying that I wouldn't throw up. After chugging a couple cans of Coke, I was good to go! Lesson learned!

WARDOGG

Crusher of Hopes & Dreams
Rating - 100%
10   0   2
Thats crazy man! If that were me I would not have gone back! That really burns me up!! :argh:
Normally I wouldn't have, however it was my only option at the time. The only other B&M I knew about was on St. Simons Island and that was $15 cab ride. The FLETC bus dropped us off at the mall for free.