What's new

Your first pipe

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
I don't remember what my first pipe was, but it was 22 years ago in college. Bought it at the Tinder Box in South Bend, Indiana. I smoked a delicious cherry blend...only way too fast as I recall. Always ended up burning my tongue. :facepalm: See, I was all about appearances then -- not the actual smoking experience. :rolleyes: Wish I still had that sucker!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't remember what my first pipe was, but it was 22 years ago in college. Bought it at the Tinder Box in South Bend, Indiana. I smoked a delicious cherry blend...only way too fast as I recall. Always ended up burning my tongue. :facepalm: See, I was all about appearances then -- not the actual smoking experience. :rolleyes: Wish I still had that sucker!
Haha well you learned! What is your daily smoker now?

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
My first pipe was actually a corn cob I got when I was either in 8th or 9th grade. I was just on a family vacation in the Carolinas and they had one at a gift shop and thought it was cool and my mom got it for me (it was bought for more of a novelty). I didn't actually smoke it though until last week (I'm 24) because I was never really that interested in pipe before because of all the maintenance they require. My friend eventually turned me on and I enjoyed it and plan on expanding my horizon as far as different baccy but for now I still prefer cigars.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first pipe was actually a corn cob I got when I was either in 8th or 9th grade. I was just on a family vacation in the Carolinas and they had one at a gift shop and thought it was cool and my mom got it for me (it was bought for more of a novelty). I didn't actually smoke it though until last week (I'm 24) because I was never really that interested in pipe before because of all the maintenance they require. My friend eventually turned me on and I enjoyed it and plan on expanding my horizon as far as different baccy but for now I still prefer cigars.
Haha dude that's great! If you have any questions about pipes or tobacco please don't hesitate to ask.

Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Haha dude that's great! If you have any questions about pipes or tobacco please don't hesitate to ask.

Yeah no problem, I am sure that I will asking around in the near future for opinions but want to try and make a dent in the two tins I have right now before I do anything else with pipes haha.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
My first pipe was this past february, maybe a week after joining here. Got myself a Dr. Grabow pipe with some toasted cavendish and vanilla tobacco. Now, I have I think 9 pipes and a massive cellar of baccy.

I've been loving cigars for the longest time now, so I haven't seriously smoked a pipe in years. Been thinking about it though...the aroma is just too wonderful not to enjoy. (y)
NOTED!! :whistle:

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
My first pipe was also a cob that was a souvenir type gift. I don't recall who gave it to me or why. I was in high school and I did wind up using it, but not for tobacco and then it was discarded to avoid getting in trouble... Then about 2 years ago, after starting to get back into cigars, I bought a pipe starter kit from CI with a Dr Grabow and some Dunhill Green Mixture after a "sale ad" caught my attention. The tobacco was pretty meh, but a decent one for learning the basics, I still have most of it in a jar though. Thanks to youtube and Jayson Dagner I started exploring more tobaccos and came to find I really enjoy the pipe. Until recently I would get tongue bite really bad on any tobacco regardless of what I did, but fortunately that has passed and now it seems I grab the pipe more than anything.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
First pipe was a Kaywoodie Drinkless, I don't remember the shape, or how many moves ago I got rid of it. Wish I still had it. Smoked the heck out of some cheap cherry pouch and didn't enjoy it much, for many reasons mostly self inflicted. I picked that one because I thought it had the classic stereotypical "pipe" look. I do remember it had a straight stem. Moved on from pipes because I thought they were too much effort to enjoy. Funny, because I kind of like fussing over a finicky bowl every now and then. If my biggest stress at the moment is keeping a pipe light, I must be in pretty good shape.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I posted my first pipe just the other day. It's a lower grade Savinelli marked Baronet Bruyere. The shape is 611 EX. Yes, I still smoke it pretty regularly. I didn't smoke it for a while early on because back then, it smoked hot everytime. Now that I'm more experienced, I learned that it wasn't the pipe that smoked, it was me! I got it close to 15 years ago and it's still in great shape!

Big Tex

Meathead
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My first pipe was a Dr Grabow that I purchased while in college. Burned my tongue and mouth every time I smoked it so I gave up. So 15 years later I purchased a Maestro Beraldi from my local b&m and that rekindled my love of the pipe.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
My first pipe was a Missouri meerschaum I got in the pipe newbie trade some time last year. At the time I was just getting into cigars but with winter coming up I didn't want to be stuck outside for 2 hours in the cold. I had decided to give a pipe a try an have been hooked ever since. It's been awhile since I have smoked a cigar cause I always go for one of my pipes first.