What's new

Your first pipe

The_Rev

Chaplain of Saints and Sinners
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
My first pipe was a gift from Mike Lancaster of Tobacco Pipe Collectors. I had smoked cigars for about 25 years but was curious about pipes. I contacted Mike and we had lengthy discussions about pipe smoking. He gifted me the Calabresi bent billiard pictured above 65 weeks ago. I cut my teeth on this pipe and it took the clumsy abuse I imparted on it with grace. With his continued tutelage, I have totally become a pipe enthusiast. I still smoke cigars but pipe smoking is my go to choice these days. Check out Mike's website at Tobacco Pipe Collectors. He's a stand up guy and I am blessed to have his continued guidance.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first pipe was a Missouri meerschaum I got in the pipe newbie trade some time last year. At the time I was just getting into cigars but with winter coming up I didn't want to be stuck outside for 2 hours in the cold. I had decided to give a pipe a try an have been hooked ever since. It's been awhile since I have smoked a cigar cause I always go for one of my pipes first.
Same pipes are always a first

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first pipe was a gift from Mike Lancaster of Tobacco Pipe Collectors. I had smoked cigars for about 25 years but was curious about pipes. I contacted Mike and we had lengthy discussions about pipe smoking. He gifted me the Calabresi bent billiard pictured above 65 weeks ago. I cut my teeth on this pipe and it took the clumsy abuse I imparted on it with grace. With his continued tutelage, I have totally become a pipe enthusiast. I still smoke cigars but pipe smoking is my go to choice these days. Check out Mike's website at Tobacco Pipe Collectors. He's a stand up guy and I am blessed to have his continued guidance.
Yea I have been following him for a few years. Never met him in person but I hear great things about him

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I got my first two pipes at the same time - MM cob and a Cambridge from Big Ben. Both were part of my N00b trade a couple of years ago. The first pipe the *I* bought was an estate Dr. Grabow for $2 so that I could start to learn the restoration process.

I have about 30 pipes now, a combination of cobs, briars, cherrywood, and meerschaum. I still smoke that first cob and the Big Ben on a fairly regular basis ("regular basis" for me, anyway)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my first two pipes at the same time - MM cob and a Cambridge from Big Ben. Both were part of my N00b trade a couple of years ago. The first pipe the *I* bought was an estate Dr. Grabow for $2 so that I could start to learn the restoration process.

I have about 30 pipes now, a combination of cobs, briars, cherrywood, and meerschaum. I still smoke that first cob and the Big Ben on a fairly regular basis ("regular basis" for me, anyway)
My 3rd pipe was a big Ben Barbados and it was a great smoking pipe

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I too have a Missouri meerschaum that was my first pipe. My good friend just gave me his old Dunhill pipe he carried with him while on tour in Iraq and I really like it!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I don't remember what my first pipe was, but it was 22 years ago in college. Bought it at the Tinder Box in South Bend, Indiana. I smoked a delicious cherry blend...only way too fast as I recall. Always ended up burning my tongue. :facepalm: See, I was all about appearances then -- not the actual smoking experience. :rolleyes: Wish I still had that sucker!
Same story same Tinder Box in South Bend. One out of the bargain basket sitting on the counter. My father broke his daily smoker so I loaned him mine. Its still part of his collection. It has probably burned 100's of bowls of borkum riff by now.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first pipe was a Swiss BBK that my ex-FIL gave me, I still have the pipe rest but the pipe was stolen around 5 years ago.I had that pipe from 1982 till 2010 and only smoked about a dozen bowls in it.Since May of this year I've picked up a dozen briars including another BBK and have been learning the different blends that I like.I've probably smoked more pipe tobacco in the last 5 months than I did in all the time I owned that original gifted pipe.