What's new

Your home smoking area.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0

Winter smoking spot just got insulated and heater done last week as MN is flipping cold in winter.

Stupid Tapatalk
Nice little spot bro! Guess winter is rolling in quick on you up North!!! It’s still pretty mild down here, for another month or so at least. I am looking forward to some ice fishing picks though. We don’t get to do that around here.

irratebass

www.blindmanspuff.com
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I need to update my back patio pic, I moved the table in the garage to out there for the summer, even though it was too damned hot to smoke out there. Now the weather is perfect.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Two-and-a-half months later...

...it’s about 18 ºF (last time I looked) and appropriately, my beer is Hopothermia from Alaskan Brewing Co. That little heater has extended my smoking season greatly. With that and a heated fleece throw, I’ve enjoyed cigars down into the single digits.
Now THAT is ultra hardcore...Lordy, you are my goddamn hero. In the snow. In a folding chair. Mr. Stinky on the tundra.

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Nice shop & cool toys brother!!! Digging the wood stove too!!! Got a question. How’d you get away with having the electric meter on the inside?
Thanks, I put the inside stove pipes in the stove and then put the wood stove up on the shelf in the spring,
It was no problem at all, Duke power reads them by driving down the street. The garage has been up for 15 years now. I remember when they meter readers would have to walk up to the wall outside the garage with their handheld scanner and now they just drive down the street. Now for codes, they said if Duke Power didn't care they didn't care and Duke was in the process of transitioning to the remote readers.
PS: The power to the meter runs in under ground.

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Thanks, I put the inside stove pipes in the stove and then put the wood stove up on the shelf in the spring,
It was no problem at all, Duke power reads them by driving down the street. The garage has been up for 15 years now. I remember when they meter readers would have to walk up to the wall outside the garage with their handheld scanner and now they just drive down the street. Now for codes, they said if Duke Power didn't care they didn't care and Duke was in the process of transitioning to the remote readers.
PS: The power to the meter runs in under ground.
Nice!!! Our electric CoOp would never go for that here. A small wood stove may be the next addition to my shop. I’ve had some source of wood heat, be it fireplace or wood stove in a workshop & home my whole life. When we built our new house about 3 years ago they had run natural gas through the neighborhood. We installed natural gas fireplace, hot water heater, grill, & stove. Which is awesome, & I vowed I’d never split wood again. Now though, I actually kinda miss it so I’ve been seriously considering a wood stove for the shop instead of the propane tank & Mr. Heater, we didn’t run natural gas to the shop, since the weather is cooling off!!!

xFreebirdx

Patriot Guard Rider
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Nice!!! Our electric CoOp would never go for that here. A small wood stove may be the next addition to my shop. I’ve had some source of wood heat, be it fireplace or wood stove in a workshop & home my whole life. When we built our new house about 3 years ago they had run natural gas through the neighborhood. We installed natural gas fireplace, hot water heater, grill, & stove. Which is awesome, & I vowed I’d never split wood again. Now though, I actually kinda miss it so I’ve been seriously considering a wood stove for the shop instead of the propane tank & Mr. Heater, we didn’t run natural gas to the shop, since the weather is cooling off!!!
Here you go, and then just put it up during warm weather. ;)
https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_20894_20894

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_42429_42429

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
T
That’s pretty awesome!!! I really don’t have the need to put it up though. I’ll probably let mine be a permanent fixture kinda thing. Here’s the one I’ve been considering. Should be all I need.
Guide Gear Outdoor Wood Stove https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0155324VO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EONXBbHQD4Q1V

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
T

That’s pretty awesome!!! I really don’t have the need to put it up though. I’ll probably let mine be a permanent fixture kinda thing. Here’s the one I’ve been considering. Should be all I need.
Guide Gear Outdoor Wood Stove https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0155324VO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_tai_EONXBbHQD4Q1V
Idk if you want an indoor or outdoor one, or if the trip would be worth it to IN, but my partner o the ambulance has one that you put outside that has a blower that would probably heat your shop up to 75 or 80 if you wanted, I can check a price for you, let me know

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
Idk if you want an indoor or outdoor one, or if the trip would be worth it to IN, but my partner o the ambulance has one that you put outside that has a blower that would probably heat your shop up to 75 or 80 if you wanted, I can check a price for you, let me know
Probably would just order something online before I traveled to IN, but I appreciate the offer. I’m gonna research & look around some more before I make the commitment to it & cutting a hole in my shop to install it. May just continue running the Mr Heater this year since it’s already cooling off. Don’t know really, still haven’t really decided yet.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Do you guys think this world work on a patio outside to keep a couple of people warm on cold night while smoking a cigar? My wife wants a large chiminea, but this looks more bad ass. I'm putting in a fire pit out in the yard, but want something easy to light up when it's just me out smoking a cigar. Also, that it would be safe because the fire is contained and I could shut the door and go inside when finished and let it burn out safely.

kit_luce

To the ones we can save, and those we can't.
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Do you guys think this world work on a patio outside to keep a couple of people warm on cold night while smoking a cigar? My wife wants a large chiminea, but this looks more bad ass. I'm putting in a fire pit out in the yard, but want something easy to light up when it's just me out smoking a cigar. Also, that it would be safe because the fire is contained and I could shut the door and go inside when finished and let it burn out safely.
You could always get a patio heater. Just stick a grill propane tank in it. My buddy has one, makes an umbrella of heat to sit under, they are quite nice.

https://www.amazon.com/AmazonBasics-Commercial-Heater-Havana-Bronze/dp/B00LILH3V4

Rating - 100%
7   0   0