What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
left to right, G.G. poker, R.C. sands rushing dublin, and Mr. Brog amigo.

the G.G. and Mr. Brog are eastern european, the former in briar, the latter in pear wood. they will likely need to be refinished eventually, but they smoke amazingly. the sands (at your endorsement) is a lot smaller than i thought, but it does feel very well, and the first smoke was beautiful.

and the exotique is pretty yummy, but wet as hell out of the tin.
Very nice. I'm breaking in my new Sands now & I really like it. Might have to get another mid sized one to complete the package. :)

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
Nice pick up Kevin! I've heard great things about that Dark Roll. I just got in my can of Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls! Can't wait to try this but I want to wait for my cold to go away first. haven't smoked my pipe in about a week. :frownno:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Nice pick up Kevin! I've heard great things about that Dark Roll. I just got in my can of Dunhill De Luxe Navy Rolls! Can't wait to try this but I want to wait for my cold to go away first. haven't smoked my pipe in about a week. :frownno:
The dark twist roll cake is certainly an interesting looking tobacco:

Looking forward to trying both blends out. :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Man Oh Man, I have to say. Out of all the mac baren blends I have tried The dark twist is one of my favorites, the texture is great and the taste is good for an everyday smoke. Enjoy brother!

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

Man Oh Man, I have to say. Out of all the mac baren blends I have tried The dark twist is one of my favorites, the texture is great and the taste is good for an everyday smoke. Enjoy brother!

Packing up my big-boy Sands with it right now! :)

BTW, should I just fold it over & pack or rub it out? Not sure with this one...

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Packing up my big-boy Sands with it right now! :)

BTW, should I just fold it over & pack or rub it out? Not sure with this one...

I usually rub it out, pack the fluffy ribbons first and then top it off with the smaller bits. But Which ever way feels right to you is the way to go my friend :)

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Last edited:

LigaPrivadaFanboy

Unrepentant Hoarder
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I was thinking of grabbing some Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls & came across these articles that basically say that it's the exact same as Escudo Navy Deluxe (which I already have some of & really like). Just thought it was interesting that two different brands would be exactly the same:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/dunhill-escudo-navy-de-luxe-the-same/

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/kevins-blog/dunhill-escudo-navy-de-luxe-the-verdict/
I bought a tin of Dunhill Navy Rolls and actually liked it a bit better than Escudo, which is my go-to. The article hints that the Dunhill may be slightly more aged but that the blends are indeed identical. When I smoke through my Escudo I'll probably pick up the Dunhill instead for now on.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I bought a tin of Dunhill Navy Rolls and actually liked it a bit better than Escudo, which is my go-to. The article hints that the Dunhill may be slightly more aged but that the blends are indeed identical. When I smoke through my Escudo I'll probably pick up the Dunhill instead for now on.
Interesting that you prefer the Dunhill. I might have to give it a try once I burn through my Escudo. I actually just placed a 6 tin order yesterday though. Haha. :)

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I was thinking of grabbing some Dunhill Deluxe Navy Rolls & came across these articles that basically say that it's the exact same as Escudo Navy Deluxe (which I already have some of & really like). Just thought it was interesting that two different brands would be exactly the same:

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/pipe-tobacco-reviews/dunhill-escudo-navy-de-luxe-the-same/

http://pipesmagazine.com/blog/kevins-blog/dunhill-escudo-navy-de-luxe-the-verdict/
Sounds like we need a smoke up and post up. I have both of these as well so I'll let you all know my thoughts asap!