What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
Ha Dave good for you
Mine came but the PO has it. Won't put it in a locker for me. Pisses me off. I checked on a PO box today. Tired of not able to get my packages.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0

For your viewing pleasure

Not typical for me but the quest for a tolerable aromatic continued with 8 oz each essence of Vermont and butternut burly the reviews were good and I had to give em a try

1500g of lancers slices
16 oz each of
Cool hand fluke
Storm front
Dark n stormy
Latakia junction
Crossroads
Bald headed teacher

A tin of the new macbaren bold ky
And a sample of mojo.... A blend with deer tongue

Cheers, now to get a few flats of jars

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

Not typical for me but the quest for a tolerable aromatic continued with 8 oz each essence of Vermont and butternut burly the reviews were good and I had to give em a try

1500g of lancers slices
16 oz each of
Cool hand fluke
Storm front
Dark n stormy
Latakia junction
Crossroads
Bald headed teacher

Daaammmnnn!! It's going to take you forever to jar that order.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0

1500g of lancers slices
16 oz each of
Cool hand fluke
Storm front
Dark n stormy
Latakia junction
Crossroads
Bald headed teacher

What's Mojo and Crossroads? New blends?

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Mojo is s deer tongue blend, just got a sample, have always wanted to try one so have no idea

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3190/4noggins-mojo

Crossroads is another john Patton blend that is new to me but it had good reviews and sounded like something I'd really enjoy do I just went for a pound here's the tobacco reviews link

http://www.tobaccoreviews.com/blend/3539/john-patton-crossroads

I haven't had any of his blends that I didn't enjoy, and at 30$ for a pound it fell into very inexpensive category so I just dove right in

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Deertongue (Carphephorus spp.)

This plant is named because the leaves are shaped like a deer's tongue - long and narrow, with a reddish-purple streak at the base. It is most commonly found in damp, pine flatwoods, which are kept open by regular fires. The plant is sometimes called vanilla leaf, or wild vanilla, because of the distinct smell of vanilla when the leaves are crushed. The leaves contain crystals of a chemical called coumarin, which gives off the vanilla-like odor.

In the 1900's, the leaves were collected and sold to flavor pipe and cigarette tobacco, however, modern processes use artificial additives to enhance tobacco flavor, so deer tongue is no longer collected commercially for this purpose.

Deertongue does not grow well on high, dry land or in swampy, wet areas but prefers damp pine flatwoods that have been kept open with prescribed fire. It is common throughout North America.

Rating - 100%
151   0   0
Deertongue (Carphephorus spp.)

This plant is named because the leaves are shaped like a deer's tongue - long and narrow, with a reddish-purple streak at the base. It is most commonly found in damp, pine flatwoods, which are kept open by regular fires. The plant is sometimes called vanilla leaf, or wild vanilla, because of the distinct smell of vanilla when the leaves are crushed. The leaves contain crystals of a chemical called coumarin, which gives off the vanilla-like odor.

In the 1900's, the leaves were collected and sold to flavor pipe and cigarette tobacco, however, modern processes use artificial additives to enhance tobacco flavor, so deer tongue is no longer collected commercially for this purpose.

Deertongue does not grow well on high, dry land or in swampy, wet areas but prefers damp pine flatwoods that have been kept open with prescribed fire. It is common throughout North America.
I was kinda hoping it had real deer tongue in it