What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am in Leamington which is about 40 minutes away from Windsor. I get to Detroit from time to time. What did you have in mind?
I'm familiar with Leamington. I was born in Windsor, grew up in Harrow, and have family in McGregor and Colchester.

I live about 15-20 minutes away from the bridge. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to have something shipped to my place and pick it up whenever you make it across the border. PM me if you're interested.

Edit: You should make it over sometime for our local pipe club. We meet in Dearborn on the first Thursday of every month.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I'm familiar with Leamington. I was born in Windsor, grew up in Harrow, and have family in McGregor and Colchester.

I live about 15-20 minutes away from the bridge. I wouldn't mind if you wanted to have something shipped to my place and pick it up whenever you make it across the border. PM me if you're interested.

Edit: You should make it over sometime for our local pipe club. We meet in Dearborn on the first Thursday of every month.
Sounds like a great reason to pop over to Dearborn to enjoy a smoke with some fellow Pipers. The only thing I am concerned about is Canada Customs when I return to Canada. The last couple times I have crossed they have pulled me in and busted my balls.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like a great reason to pop over to Dearborn to enjoy a smoke with some fellow Pipers. The only thing I am concerned about is Canada Customs when I return to Canada. The last couple times I have crossed they have pulled me in and busted my balls.
Just declare whatever you have. Don't try to smuggle it. Worst case scenario is you have to pay duty. From my experience, unless you have spent quite a bit of cash they will just wave you through.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They will give you a hard time over a tin of tobacco!? WTF....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will give you a hard time over a tin of tobacco!? WTF....
They can give you a hard time about anything they want too. And worse yet, thanks to 911, if you react in a way they don't like - you can lose all your rights for three days without them informing anyone they took em.

Of course, 99% of the time they don't give people a hard time. But when they do it's a PIA as you have no power. As in none. Just smile and if you feel it's worth it - take it to court.

It might seem worse to some because as much as the computers ensure there is randomness in the "inspections," recall these people are paid to profile.

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
They can give you a hard time about anything they want too. And worse yet, thanks to 911, if you react in a way they don't like - you can lose all your rights for three days without them informing anyone they took em.

Of course, 99% of the time they don't give people a hard time. But when they do it's a PIA as you have no power. As in none. Just smile and if you feel it's worth it - take it to court.

It might seem worse to some because as much as the computers ensure there is randomness in the "inspections," recall these people are paid to profile.
Damn. Clean shave with a suit & tie on the way back maybe?