What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Lucky man Morris, care to share said website? I only have one pipe. After being on here and reading up...apparently I need more like 5 or six so to age my pipes correctly. Didn't know that. I think the one pipe I do have may be a Dunhill knockoff as well. Says "Made in England" and all that, but the code on it I cannot seem to cross-reference.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Lucky man Morris, care to share said website? I only have one pipe. After being on here and reading up...apparently I need more like 5 or six so to age my pipes correctly. Didn't know that. I think the one pipe I do have may be a Dunhill knockoff as well. Says "Made in England" and all that, but the code on it I cannot seem to cross-reference.
It was smokingpipes.com

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, how many smoke pipes in here? Been a novice Cigar smoker for about 3 years, and curious about getting in to it? Any thoughts, tips?

Agentskull

BoM Feb 14
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
this segment of the forum is growing pretty steadily. Some of the others will chime in with more knowledge on the subject than I. Check our pipe section there is a couple stickies that help a lot.

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I have been trolling this thread very frequently to learn what is popular among the cigar/pipe smokers and have priced out a little order of what I plan on ordering. 8 Tins for only $80?!!! Cigars look so expensive after this! I am very excited to finally get a quality pipe next month. These Penzance & Stonehaven blends keeps coming up and people go gaga over them like Goldies, Rats, Sublimes, and OR Franks all had been magically morphed into a delicious unattainable pipe tobacco. What is this stuff exactly? It has me very intrigued.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have been trolling this thread very frequently to learn what is popular among the cigar/pipe smokers and have priced out a little order of what I plan on ordering. 8 Tins for only $80?!!! Cigars look so expensive after this! I am very excited to finally get a quality pipe next month. These Penzance & Stonehaven blends keeps coming up and people go gaga over them like Goldies, Rats, Sublimes, and OR Franks all had been magically morphed into a delicious unattainable pipe tobacco. What is this stuff exactly? It has me very intrigued.
"These Penzance & Stonehaven blends keeps coming up and people go gaga over them like Goldies, Rats, Sublimes, and OR Franks all had been magically morphed into a delicious unattainable pipe tobacco. What is this stuff exactly? It has me very intrigued."

It "is". It is like the ring of power is to Frodo of the shire. It is like yin is to yang, or a worm is to a bird.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
"These Penzance & Stonehaven blends keeps coming up and people go gaga over them like Goldies, Rats, Sublimes, and OR Franks all had been magically morphed into a delicious unattainable pipe tobacco. What is this stuff exactly? It has me very intrigued."

It "is". It is like the ring of power is to Frodo of the shire. It is like yin is to yang, or a worm is to a bird.
I can say that since acquiring some Penzance and stonehaven I am now getting laid more often and am being promoted several times at work per day. I can also jump higher.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
I can say that since acquiring some Penzance and stonehaven I am now getting laid more often and am being promoted several times at work per day. I can also jump higher.
Bwhaha. MoJo doesn't even smoke a pipe either - just imagine if he actually did every once in a while! ;)

Last edited:

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Pipe smoking is sooooooo much more economical versus cigars. So many unique flavors from pipe tobacco too. Grab a MM cob for $7 (or an entry level Savinelli for around $50 if you want to go big right off the bat), a few McClelland and/or GL Pease tobacco tins & for under $100, you'll get the full pipe smoking experience & will be able to decide if its for you or not.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

ROFL, if only.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Bwhaha. MoJo doesn't even smoke a pipe either - just imagine if he actually did every once in a while! ;)
Lol, I did smoke my pipe last Sunday and plan on smoking it again this weekend

Rating - 100%
1   0   0

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0

Pipe smoking is sooooooo much more economical versus cigars. So many unique flavors from pipe tobacco too. Grab a MM cob for $7 (or an entry level Savinelli for around $50 if you want to go big right off the bat), a few McClelland and/or GL Pease tobacco tins & for under $100, you'll get the full pipe smoking experience & will be able to decide if its for you or not.
I have owned a cob pipe and a cheap $20 generic pipe and loved pipe smoking. I am just going to give in and buy myself a decent pipe for my birthday next month if it is in the budget. There is a very distinct smell that I remember somebody smoking over a decade ago in Wisconsin and it smelled amazing. Even before I had ever smoked any tobacco product, it just smelt like the it would make the world was at ease. I have tried a few cheaper blends but am still going to have to find a large selection somewhere and hopefully can find something close. It better not have been this impossible to find white whale :help: