What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Got this in the other day and just got done cleaning it. I have always wanted to get a calabash pipe and found this one for under $40, I couldn't pass it up. I have no clue who made it cause there are no markings anywhere on it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk
Damn!!! Just damn!!! That is a steal and I'm super jealous

Rating - 100%
48   0   0
Some tins of GL Pease Quiet Nights.

I've noticed that the covers on C&D and GLP tins seem to be on the small side recently.
I think C&D quality has taken a step back lately. I've seen the too tight fitting lids. There was the Jackknife mold issue. I think they are trying to do too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I think C&D quality has taken a step back lately. I've seen the too tight fitting lids. There was the Jackknife mold issue. I think they are trying to do too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can see that the lids are stretched over the tins in my pic. I love their tobacco. I hope they don't screw up a good thing.

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Dawn Mist Red Clay Cutty. I'm very disappointed in the size of the bowl. This pipe is like a toy.

Tiny pipes like that, and a clay in particular that won't ghost a thing, are great for sampling new tobaccos. I've been told that you can clean a clay pipe by either putting it in a fire or the coals of a fire and letting it sit in there overnight until cool. Take the pipe out and it'll come out clean as a whistle and ready to smoke and taste tobacco.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Tiny pipes like that, and a clay in particular that won't ghost a thing, are great for sampling new tobaccos. I've been told that you can clean a clay pipe by either putting it in a fire or the coals of a fire and letting it sit in there overnight until cool. Take the pipe out and it'll come out clean as a whistle and ready to smoke and taste tobacco.
Really cap? That sounds incredible ! I never would have thought they would be so resistant to heat. Thanks for sharing.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
That means I can cook a brisket and clean a pipe at the same time... Sunday's just got really efficient!