What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah mate, I bought 6 of them before and out of the 4 different kinds I have they seem to be the best. Clint @cgraunke also recommended them and he strikes me as the kind of guy who would have a few different kinds of jars lying around.

They stack well, great wide mouths for pouring straight out of a tin and they are mostly smooth and blank on 75% of them for attaching labels etc. Seem to be the best I have come across to date in that size.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Yeah mate, I bought 6 of them before and out of the 4 different kinds I have they seem to be the best. Clint @cgraunke also recommended them and he strikes me as the kind of guy who would have a few different kinds of jars lying around.

They stack well, great wide mouths for pouring straight out of a tin and they are mostly smooth and blank on 75% of them for attaching labels etc. Seem to be the best I have come across to date in that size.
They're the best option I've tried!

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
If you don't mind me asking were a outs did you get them from Dan
No problem mate!

This is the cheapest way to buy them here in Aus: http://ballmason.com.au/kerr-half-pint-wide-mouth-jars-and-lids-x-36-bulk-buy
If you want less than that you can get a 12 pack for $24 on the same site... but trust me they fill up quick.
If you don't have any other jars I would also recommend getting 6 of the bigger ones (or however many you like): http://ballmason.com.au/6-x-wide-mouth-quart-1-litre-and-lid
Being that we have the man in the mailbox to contend with I always keep my bulk baccy orders to 8oz or less, the 1ltr jar fits 8oz perfectly, and the ones in the 36 pack above fit a 50g or 1.75 - 2 oz tin perfectly.
I keep 5 x 1ltr jars of my favourites on hand as I go through it alot quicker, you dont want to have to split your 8oz baccy order into 5 jars with the same stuff I have found.

I had a voucher for 15% off, should work for you also enter coupon code: happydays
That should be for the total so should work for both if you decide to go with it.

Got them in 2 days standard post. I'd go for the $3.50 insurance though as they are glass and they use funky shredded newspaper as packing material.
Mine arrived fine but you never know!

Hope that helps mate.

The Munt

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Dam it 2 boxes of jars later and then tobacco order through smoking pipes better buy something nice for the missus lol.
Thanks Dan for the heads up and the coupon voucher worked will post photos when it turns up
Fair is fair mate! I think you should get her something... do you think she would like this:
upload_2016-2-12_13-30-43.png
Then you can use it when the Mrs isn't > :D

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Been a while since I have been able to play in this thread. Was running low on the PS Navy Flake which is a piping sin. Don't get to pipe as much as I would like anymore so 4oz will last a good time, especially with all the baccy the rowdy buttholes here have bombed me. The Moonshine Pipes blend smells absolutely insane. The Comoys smells like OGS with more citrus. Seems my cigars are gonna take a back seat for a few days so I can do some proper reviewing of these new treats.