What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Do you have any particular way you prep it to smoke? Haven't tried much plug tobacco and I haven't had great success with it, but have enjoyed the flavors
So you need some plug tobacco?? NOTED. Adding a little to the list now. :cigar:;)

And awaiting my other stuff for you if the packages ever get here for your PTMAW list.

The Munt

Observe everything. Listen intently.
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Do you have any particular way you prep it to smoke? Haven't tried much plug tobacco and I haven't had great success with it, but have enjoyed the flavors
Just need a sharp sturdy knife mate, I get best results with a bit of weight to the blade. Cut it as thin as you can without sliding off the side of the plug and let it dry a good couple of hours. I've cut it at breakfast before and smoke it at night and it's been fine.

You can really feel when it's ready as it breaks apart easily, very Flexi and almost rubbery when you first slice it, so when it crumbles it's good to smoke.

Should V-Herf some time!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just need a sharp sturdy knife mate, I get best results with a bit of weight to the blade. Cut it as thin as you can without sliding off the side of the plug and let it dry a good couple of hours. I've cut it at breakfast before and smoke it at night and it's been fine.

You can really feel when it's ready as it breaks apart easily, very Flexi and almost rubbery when you first slice it, so when it crumbles it's good to smoke.

Should V-Herf some time!
Hell yeah! Thank you!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Just worked out the deal last night so I don't have it yet, but am too damn excited to wait to post it. Fell in love with this Ian Barnes (@Newfiepipe) creation as soon as I saw him post it on his Instagram account (@ibpipes on IG).
Image1462817798.402114.jpg

I will post more pictures as soon as it's in my hands. Very excited as this is my first custom/handmade pipe and I have been eyeballing this makers work for quite a while.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Just worked out the deal last night so I don't have it yet, but am too damn excited to wait to post it. Fell in love with this Ian Barnes (@Newfiepipe) creation as soon as I saw him post it on his Instagram account (@ibpipes on IG).
View attachment 81116

I will post more pictures as soon as it's in my hands. Very excited as this is my first custom/handmade pipe and I have been eyeballing this makers work for quite a while.
Ian is a standup BOTL for sure!!!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
It's been a busy week...

And my personal favorite... I won this on eBay. It was made by the Imperial Tobacco Company in France somewhere between 1907 and 1915 (based on the stamps on the band). Overall, it's in good condition (The seller "restored" it but I'm going to give it a thorough cleaning myself). There are some teeth marks on the stem that I'm going to try to get out and a couple dings on the bowl but nothing crazy.

Not pictured... John Aylesbury Pipe Tool and a Decatur reamer.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
Do you notice a difference in the Semois from the cut? I have a sample that was gifted to me and it's delicious, but I'm unsure of the cut or if it even makes a difference.
I sealed these two in FoodSaver bags after taking the picture. I still have some of the original Semois in jars, so I can't tell you about the difference between the two.