What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to quit posting before you guys start hating me. My pipe luck continues. Bid on two lots on EBay. Both sellers were vague and unsure of what they had. The first lot had two freehand pipes I liked by looks alone with one in a Ben Wade box and the other in a Jobey box. The second lot looked like a bunch of trashed bowls with no stems except for four pipes in the lot. I almost didn't bid until I noticed a Dunhill stamp on one of the pics. Here is the pic and details are below:
View attachment 93380
Top left is a Preben Holm Private Collection with his signature stamp on the stem handmade by the legend himself. Clear stem on the right side was in the Ben Wade Prominence box but any stamp appears to be worn away. It looks like a Ben Wade but not a Prominence. Either way it is nice and I like it. Above that sitting on the red sleeve is a Dunhill Root Briar in pristine condition. I haven't dated it yet. Next to is is the bowl of a 1979 Dunhill Shell Briar. Unfortunately it has damage around the rim. Bottom right is a Bjarne Hand Crafted that I like that just needs a stem. Other pieces are an unsmoked Kay Woodie and a couple Dr Grabow pieces to restore. There was much more but it was all project pieces that need work.
Definitely not mad at you, gives me hope that one day that luck like that may come my way lol

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
View attachment 93504 Picked this up at the Antique Swap meet. Anyone know what brand or maker it is? Thanks
View attachment 93505
I just sold one that had the same shape and pattern. Mine didn't have any hallmarks though and just said Sterling. Frustrating even when you can see a name and model you often can't find much on older pipes. Pipephil and pipedia may help with those hallmarks.

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I just sold one that had the same shape and pattern. Mine didn't have any hallmarks though and just said Sterling. Frustrating even when you can see a name and model you often can't find much on older pipes. Pipephil and pipedia may help with those hallmarks.
thanks

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Since Im getting back into pipes, my collection is lacking severely and Im def getting pipe/cellar envy! But I figure this should go here. Got the Maxped pack the other day (love it, but now have moved into the larger one) and when I ran out of smoke, I stopped by the cigar shop I used to work at and my friend whos still there made my day with a deal on loose (since these are the only 2 baccys I've ever had, I got both!) and tried another bowl sample. I sniffed all the loose jars and Latakia is really starting to intrigue me...and Im an aro guy...

Anywho, pic. Aside from the Beefy pack, this is my entire pipe life (which makes me REALLY nervous now that I think about it....)
Black cavendish w/vanilla hints, and I cant remember the other but its a mix and had some rums in it if I recall correctly. Not pictured are a few cigar boxes Im going to turn into guitars soon.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Since Im getting back into pipes, my collection is lacking severely and Im def getting pipe/cellar envy! But I figure this should go here. Got the Maxped pack the other day (love it, but now have moved into the larger one) and when I ran out of smoke, I stopped by the cigar shop I used to work at and my friend whos still there made my day with a deal on loose (since these are the only 2 baccys I've ever had, I got both!) and tried another bowl sample. I sniffed all the loose jars and Latakia is really starting to intrigue me...and Im an aro guy...

Anywho, pic. Aside from the Beefy pack, this is my entire pipe life (which makes me REALLY nervous now that I think about it....)
Black cavendish w/vanilla hints, and I cant remember the other but its a mix and had some rums in it if I recall correctly. Not pictured are a few cigar boxes Im going to turn into guitars soon.
Jump on the newbie thread, my friend. Your life will soon change.

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Jump on the newbie thread, my friend. Your life will soon change.
I've looked and would love to, however I have nothing to offer in return at this time. One day when I can do more, Id love to (and be on both sides, the giving and receiving sides)

i also dont yet meet the requirements (cigar trade and 1 rating.)

Last edited:

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
I've looked and would love to, however I have nothing to offer in return at this time. One day when I can do more, Id love to (and be on both sides, the giving and receiving sides)
I think you're only looking at, what, 3 cigars?
(or a cash deal of whatever you're comfortable spending)
Just do it.
Really.