What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Any of you guys fans of Dr. Grabow pipes at all? I generally avoid them and I don't like restoring them. Today I found this Dr. Grabow Deluxe 7974 at an antique store. It is a very short pipe and at first glance I thought it was cut short for repair however that is not the case. I've never seen one like this so I decided to get it. Any of you guys have any knowledge on this? IMG_3709.JPG

OleVaSmoker

Leafman
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any of you guys fans of Dr. Grabow pipes at all? I generally avoid them and I don't like restoring them. Today I found this Dr. Grabow Deluxe 7974 at an antique store. It is a very short pipe and at first glance I thought it was cut short for repair however that is not the case. I've never seen one like this so I decided to get it. Any of you guys have any knowledge on this? View attachment 101682
Looks like one I found on amazon recently. Not a very expensive one but I like it otherwise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Another excellent pipe package arrived today. Need help from you Peterson's fans. The two Peterson's both have a gold P on the stem and they look old.
Peterson's Hand Made 2 Made in the Republic of Ireland.
Peterson's Straight Grain Made in the Republic of Ireland. I found this same exact pipe for sale for $473 but the info was lacking. Just said it was rare.
Also included:
Theodor USA Handmade - Anyone ever heard of them? Internet searches come up empty. I'm thinking an old pipe shop?
Stanwell 87R with a REG'D No I can't read and it is also stamped Theodor. Think it was made for or sold by that shop?
Comoy's Extraordinaire 1930's-1950's had the 3 part C logo on stem
Comoy's The Guildhouse London Pipe 800
Dunhill 1959 Panel Shell Briar ODA 836 S
Sasieni Four Dot (family era) Natural "Burton"
Ser Jacopo Maxima S2
Charatan's Make Special 461DC Lane Era
Needless to say it's going to be hard to decide what to keep and what to sell.
IMG_3748.JPG

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
Another excellent pipe package arrived today. Need help from you Peterson's fans. The two Peterson's both have a gold P on the stem and they look old.
Peterson's Hand Made 2 Made in the Republic of Ireland.
Peterson's Straight Grain Made in the Republic of Ireland. I found this same exact pipe for sale for $473 but the info was lacking. Just said it was rare.
Also included:
Theodor USA Handmade - Anyone ever heard of them? Internet searches come up empty. I'm thinking an old pipe shop?
Stanwell 87R with a REG'D No I can't read and it is also stamped Theodor. Think it was made for or sold by that shop?
Comoy's Extraordinaire 1930's-1950's had the 3 part C logo on stem
Comoy's The Guildhouse London Pipe 800
Dunhill 1959 Panel Shell Briar ODA 836 S
Sasieni Four Dot (family era) Natural "Burton"
Ser Jacopo Maxima S2
Charatan's Make Special 461DC Lane Era
Needless to say it's going to be hard to decide what to keep and what to sell.
View attachment 101971
dont know much about those. All I know is Peterson does VERY few handmades. There are a couple in this pic that catches my eye, if you ever plan on selling some of them

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
@BigSkySmoke - is Dunhill using two different types of tins now? The Nightcap and EMP look different form the Durbar and Aperitif.

And how's that Victorian Stroll?

BigSkySmoke

Lanceros, Cowgirls and Burritos
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
@BigSkySmoke - is Dunhill using two different types of tins now? The Nightcap and EMP look different form the Durbar and Aperitif.

And how's that Victorian Stroll?
Looks the same to me...
20170923_134027.jpg
Most of these are new to me. So I haven't tried that one yet. The sale and free shipping at P&C, pushed me to order alot of new stuff.

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Really nice ring grain on this giant Sasieni. Here is the scoop from the importer:
I was visiting the Cadogan factory in England many years ago when they asked me about an interest in some vintage briar that they got from Dunhill when they had acquired the Sasieni brand in a deal that gave them back GBD & Comoy as well. ALL this wood was being used to make Dunhill ODA pipes in the 80's and 90's. I bought it all and had it finished into Sasieni 4 dot XL pipes in only 4 shapes in XL sizes: Canadian, bulldog, apple and bent billiard. These are the only new Sasieni 4 dot XL pipes available and were made several years ago and no longer being made.