What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
This^^^^^ so whoever has Across the Pond left for sale is the last of it.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk
Which I think is nobody at this point. AFAIK, the only McC Syrian blend still around is Celebrated Sovereign. I guess it's a bit under the radar, because even stuff like Rose of Latakia is gone.

kcmontie

Choppers, lanceros and cobs
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
got it from a member on pipemagazine fourm. $20 bucks a pouch. if you want more info about him PM me. you can get it from Mr Snuff.com for $24. Also I know of another shop in the EU but you have to pm for info

Rating - 100%
46   0   0
any blend that has Syrian Latakia will disappear if it has not already McClelland & MacBaren are kind of the last two blenders that have/had any left. What is out there is what is left I believe. McClelland announced awhile ago they are totally out. MacBaren seems to have some yet

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
any blend that has Syrian Latakia will disappear if it has not already McClelland & MacBaren are kind of the last two blenders that have/had any left. What is out there is what is left I believe. McClelland announced awhile ago they are totally out. MacBaren seems to have some yet
I seem to remember reading somewhere that McB predicts they will run out in Jan.

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Some P&C stuff, no probs at all
In contrast to my Iwan Ries order. Received a crumpled packing label in an envelope stamped "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS". I guess it's either a hurricane victim or there's some very happy pipe-smoking USPS working out there.

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
In contrast to my Iwan Ries order. Received a crumpled packing label in an envelope stamped "RECEIVED WITHOUT CONTENTS". I guess it's either a hurricane victim or there's some very happy pipe-smoking USPS working out there.
that's lame, what did IR do about it?

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
that's lame, what did IR do about it?
So far nothing. I emailed with a pic of the label last night. I'll give them a day to respond, then call. I've never had to deal with a problem with them before, but hoping for the best since they've been around so long.