What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Earlier today EMP in a MM Cob. Now it's Elizabethan Mixture in a mini meer. Both tobaccos were a gift from my oldest and his wife. Also received a cigar ashtray, pipe ashtray and pipe cleaners from the wife and a round acrylic humidor from my other son.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two more estates for me to play with. The first is a Hilson Bolero 201. I guess I would call it a Freehand.

The second is an interesting part of piping history designed by Tracy Mincer of Custom-Bilt called "The Doodler". From what I have read it was designed in the 50's to be a scientifically designed pipe that would smoke cool and had its own futuristic 50's styling. The bowl has holes drilled all the way around (supposedly to help cool the smoke) in addition to three grooves carved around the pipe, like the fins on an air cooled engine. From what I understand they are not particularly great smokers and the addition of the holes makes it a bit fragile, so it was more or less a failure on the design side. That being said, a bunch of them were made by Tracy until the mid 60's, and then by National Briar Pipe Co after Tracy died into the early 80's. I believe the pipe I have is a Tracey pipe as the stem does not have the star on the side which would signify it as a National Briar Pipe Co pipe. To me it's a very neat piece of Americana, an all around good looking pipe, and something I couldn't pass up adding to my collection for the price. I'll find out how she smokes after she's cleaned up.

Rating - 98.4%
90   1   0
It's the season for pipe resto I guess haha. Picked this up on the bay for about $10.00.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419787769.691106.jpg
Ben Rodgers? Quick google search turned up a little bit on a shop in NY but that's about it.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419787827.978292.jpg
Has a bit of burnout at the top of the bowl and the stem is kinda weird but for ten bucks it's something I can play with.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...