What's new

Your latest pipe/pipe tobacco purchase thread....

Rating - 100%
61   0   0
SMS Meerschaum and McClelland 2015 from a B&M. It had been about a year since I bought my last meer and 2oz here and was surprised to see the jar still 3/4 full, so I asked for 4oz. "People call all the time looking for McClelland" the owner said with a grin and recommended I buy 8oz because "when it's gone it's gone for good." I couldn't argue.
20190105_151150.jpg

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
A6CAB625-DC64-4B1B-B73F-D6BCFA1FA47E.jpeg
Trying to branch out a little from Captain Black, which I’ve actually come to enjoy. I went back through this thread and the “What’s in your bowl” thread to get some ideas on what to get. I really wanted to try “And so to bed” but couldn’t find it in stock anywhere I looked, so I got these. Also picked up the Peterson Killarney bent pot pipe. I have an el’ cheapo $39 briar I picked up last year but this is my first decent briar pipe. I’m not sure I have the heart to smoke it though, it’s so nice and I’m worried I’ll fuck it up.(n) I’m both excited and terrified at the same time.:nailbiting: Thanks for looking and for the help on what to try.

Jody

Rating - 100%
37   0   0
View attachment 128753
Trying to branch out a little from Captain Black, which I’ve actually come to enjoy. I went back through this thread and the “What’s in your bowl” thread to get some ideas on what to get. I really wanted to try “And so to bed” but couldn’t find it in stock anywhere I looked, so I got these. Also picked up the Peterson Killarney bent pot pipe. I have an el’ cheapo $39 briar I picked up last year but this is my first decent briar pipe. I’m not sure I have the heart to smoke it though, it’s so nice and I’m worried I’ll fuck it up.(n) I’m both excited and terrified at the same time.:nailbiting: Thanks for looking and for the help on what to try.

Jody
It’s a good looking pipe!!!

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
View attachment 128753

Jody
Nothing wrong with CB. Give BCA, RLP-6, 1Q, and HGL a shot along the aromatic line. Oh, and pack the bowl well below the rim and you wont F up the rim like I used to...

Dran

"That guy"
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Had to get 1 more purchase in before the "spending freeze" contest kicks off. Just ordered this today, butbdecided to post a stock photo to avoid confusion later! Luciano Bamboo Bent Dublin!View attachment 128164
So... I was expecting this to land today or tomorrow, instead i get a notification from P__P__ that i have been refunded for the purchase. Have sent a couple inquiry emails to the vendor, no reply from them. Has anyone ever dealt with Neatpipes? Not bashing them by any means, something obviously went awry in the ordering process, but I'm left in the dark wondering why I won't get to see this beauty.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
It’s a good looking pipe!!!
Thanks buddy.

Nothing wrong with CB. Give BCA, RLP-6, 1Q, and HGL a shot along the aromatic line. Oh, and pack the bowl well below the rim and you wont F up the rim like I used to...
Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Also, when I open these tins do I need to move the tobacco over to jars or will it keep just fine in the tins/cans? Thanks.

Jody

bostoneo

The Chosen One
Rating - 100%
400   0   0
Thanks buddy.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate it.

Also, when I open these tins do I need to move the tobacco over to jars or will it keep just fine in the tins/cans? Thanks.

Jody
Keep them in the tins till they get the humidity you like then jar. Or if you don’t smoke much , jar it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
84   0   0
So... I was expecting this to land today or tomorrow, instead i get a notification from P__P__ that i have been refunded for the purchase. Have sent a couple inquiry emails to the vendor, no reply from them. Has anyone ever dealt with Neatpipes? Not bashing them by any means, something obviously went awry in the ordering process, but I'm left in the dark wondering why I won't get to see this beauty.

Sent from my LGL83BL using Tapatalk
They’re very reputable- odd

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
They’re very reputable- odd
They used to be. Consider yourself lucky that you got a refund.

View attachment 128753

Jody
Really nice Pete, congrats!