What's new

Your Most Earned Cigar

Web

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
#1) a few days after my father passed in 2008. I was alone and finally had crashed from all the, emtions, adrenaline, family, running around, etc. I sat on my deck, with a CC and a drink and thought and remembered the man and all he taught me and all that I am because of him. Couldn't tell you the cigar, but the experience was surreal.
#2) on a lighter note, being an avid biker, and celebrating my first time completing the "Tail of the Dragon" and several other epic roads. BTW, the Dragon is 318 curves in 11 miles.
#3) I haven't accomplised yet, but when I do, the cigars I smoke in celebration will amount to a one man herf!

c.ortiz108

The fly in the ointment.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
One will be pretty soon - maybe an Anejo - once I've finished the tax returns, replaced the $3,000 hybrid battery in the car, got my scooter fixed which stalled and left me stranded yesterday, and caught up on work. Not such a good week...

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Its not the best story but here goes...
I am a fill in supervisor at work on the evening shift. Generally we get done around 11 but this week is crazy busy and short handed to boot. So I have been wanting to get out and light one up like crazy but by the time I get off after midnight its straight to bed wake up and back to work. So my most earned cigar is going to be whatever tickles my fancy on the first night I get home before midnight this week. Fingers crossed for tonight.

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Its not the best story but here goes...
I am a fill in supervisor at work on the evening shift. Generally we get done around 11 but this week is crazy busy and short handed to boot. So I have been wanting to get out and light one up like crazy but by the time I get off after midnight its straight to bed wake up and back to work. So my most earned cigar is going to be whatever tickles my fancy on the first night I get home before midnight this week. Fingers crossed for tonight.
Don't work too hard brother! :stop: ;)

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
I have a Punch Gusto tubo, waiting for the day that I close on my first home purchase. It was the last one left at the B&M when I saw it staring back at me - I was new to cigars and it was more than I'd ever spent on a single stick, but it was practically begging me to adopt it - so I made a deal with the cigar inside that tube that I'd take it home with me, and save it for a then-undetermined special day. Shortly thereafter, I realized what that day would be. Soon, I hope...

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
After the fire that cost me everything I owned but my cigar collection and the clothes on my back. After the 2 days of scrambling that ensued were over, I took a break, hit the lounge and smoked an Opus BBMF. Was part of the process that let me know things weren't so bad.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you to all who have contributed so far. Some touching and exciting stories from you brothers out there. Appreciate it and keep them coming.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I haven't picked the stick yet but it is sure to be memorable. My wife and I are heading to Vegas next month to celbrate our 10th aniversary. The cigar i smoke that evening will be sure to be a memorable one.
You should visit Casa Fuente and you'll have plenty of memorable sticks to pick from!

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I used to be an undercover narc and took a .44mag H/P through the left knee. 2 hours after I woke in my hospital room (1996) I fired up a Fuente 8-5-8. It was Doctor's Regional Hosp. in Corpus and they actually brought me an ashtray! I smoked cigars the whole 11 days I was there.
Dang, now that deserves a cigar...

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Not so much, but the remarkable thing is that as late as '96, I could smoke a stogie in my hosp. room!
yeah, Wont be doing that now. My wife was in for a heart cath a couple weeks ago and I got chewed out by the doc cause I smoke a cigar and pipe once in a while... Now everything is "smoke free" what a bunch of crap.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
yeah, Wont be doing that now. My wife was in for a heart cath a couple weeks ago and I got chewed out by the doc cause I smoke a cigar and pipe once in a while... Now everything is "smoke free" what a bunch of crap.
Propaganda, I calls it!

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Padron Serie 1926 Robusto, in December after finding out that I had passed the Professional Engineer exam. I studied about 4 nights a week after work, plus usually a full day on weekends for three months to pass. Now on to the Structural Engineer exam which is twice as long, about twice as hard. I'm going to start studying this summer for an exam in April 2016. I'll earn that stick.
GOOD, you study hard; Cause I don't wanna fall off something you designed! :(

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
We lost everything on May 22, 2011 in the EF5 tornado that killed 162 people in Joplin, Mo. Well, everything except our lives. 12 people died within 100 yds of our house and when we dug out of the rubble there were 2 interior walls standing. Everything was gone or splintered. It truly was a miracle that anyone survived a mile wide tornado traveling at 7 mph with winds of 265mph.

My wife and I were babysitting our 14 month old granddaughter and were able to jump into the hallway bathtub as the house was exploding around us. It took the tornado an estimated 90 seconds to finally pass and our town looked like a picture of Japan after an atomic bomb. It lasted long enough to where I had mentally accepted that we were all going to die and I wasn't going to let my granddaughter go, we would die together.

Anyway, it was a life changing experience and I no longer think about it daily, now maybe once a week or so. I don't think this earned me a cigar, but I am greatful for every cigar I get to smoke. Lost several friends that day and it is good to remember them.