What's new

Your oldest cigar?

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I don't have any aged stuff, I haven't bought any CC's for quite some time. I do however have a Monte Millennium edition, as well as a Cohiba EL01. that is as old as I go.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
My oldest is 99. I would love to smoke something really old. Never have.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
So where are you guys getting these really old cigars? Inheritence?

I'm sure we've all had that fantasy of meeting an older gent and having him mentor you in the ways of the leaf, and then bequeath you his collection...or am I alone in this?

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
So where are you guys getting these really old cigars? Inheritence?

I'm sure we've all had that fantasy of meeting an older gent and having him mentor you in the ways of the leaf, and then bequeath you his collection...or am I alone in this?
There's a guy who sells a lot of Clear/Bonded Havanas on some of the other boards. I think they're mostly from estate sales. Another source for old cigars is Gotham Cigar Museum:

http://gotham-cigar-museum.com/sale.aspx

Pre-embargo cigars can also be found from some vendors, but they tend to be pricey. Tampa Humidor has some pre-embargo Monte #5s, but they're $125 each:

http://tampahumidor.com/sd4/product/preembargo-cuban-montecristo-no5-4666.cfm

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've smoked a 1974 Partagas Lonnsdale gifted to me by a friend, one of the best smokes I've ever had. The oldest smoke in my possession is a 1950's Dunhill Cabinetta someone surprised me with in a trade:)

Rating - 100%
25   0   0
I have some H. Upmann and Henry Clays that are about 4 years old and a CAO Millenium (not sure how old it really is).

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
I've got an original release Torano Virtuoso, from back in the late 90s i believe.

Also got an 01 partagas lonsdale, and a rafael gonzales from 02, but that's about it.

I've never smoked anything older than 7 years...that was a rafael gonzales from 01 and it was fantastic!

I do however have a couple limited release NC boxes from 07 that i'm hoping to hold onto for quite some time. We'll see how that plan works out for me...i['m gonna guess not very well...those El Centurions are callin my name every day!!!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
The oldest smoke in my possession is a 1950's Dunhill Cabinetta someone surprised me with in a trade:)
Sorry bro, these weren't made in the 50's. 80's was the only period. (honorable mention goes to a small percentage of people who contest they were made in the very early 90's)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Don't have any old cigars, guess the oldest would be 3 years; a RyJ No3 my uncle gave me but I smoked it. :smokingbo That gotham site is pretty interesting, and isn't way too pricey.

Mitch

BOM 2/09-Keeper BOTtLe
Rating - 100%
133   0   0
Gotham Cigar Museum-

Great site and here are some hints. Keep an eye on EBad, they sell some sticks now and then, a box of Burns are up right now and will sell tonight. A box of clear havana's go for 150-250 on Ebad from there, don't let low bid prices fool you, the real bids show up in the last 15 seconds. I'm not bidding on this one.

Also, you may want to call Nick and see if he will put together a sampler for you, I gave him a heads up so he will not be suprized if he gets some calls. They have some sticks that they don't have enough quantity of to make worth posting on the site and may be willing to put together a package for you. Let them know if you mind some split foots, torn wrapers etc. it helps with the price you negotiate and rearely changes how they smoke at all. Nice way to get a varitety to experience without buying a box of each.

Rating - 100%
43   0   0
I just bought a pair of 1940 Garcia y Vega bonded Havanas on another board. I'll let 'em sit for a couple of weeks after they arrive, and then a buddy and I are going to fire them up and see what 68-year-old cigars taste like.
The Garcia y Vegas arrived today:

Soundwave13

BoM Feb 2010
Rating - 100%
143   0   0
Damn those wrappers are yellow.

I've never had a cigar over 5 years old. While I've been smoking cigars for 8 or so years, I've only been obsessed with them for the past year.

I'll have to give Gotham a call someday. I'd love to spark an old one with my brother (who's got a very respectable humidor filled) sometime.

Part of me wonders about the investment: I'd be so worried that they were 'too' old..?

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not obsessed with aging, I prefer smoking them whenever I feel like it, so there isn't anything special in regards to age in my humis. Probably the oldest cigar I have is a 4yr old (purchase date) Padron 1926 Mad No. 1. There is really no reason why I haven't smoked it yet, its just been there for a while.