What's new

Your thoughts on the JDN Antańo Dark Corojo?

Coincrazed

"Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum."
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hey guys,

Sorry if this has been discussed already. But I'm a really, really, really huge fan of this particular cigar, specifically in robusto size. It is my ATF and the first cigar I ever purchased a whole box of. JDN is a great brand all around.

What are you guys thoughts on it? Every time I smoke one I just love and relish the flavor.

Any smokes similar you think I might enjoy?

John,
Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You do like full cigars. Personally I think the flavors in the cigar stayed pretty consistent throughout the smoke, not a lot of transitions. I find it a bit harsh if smoked without at least 6 months rest. I keep them on hand but I'm giving them at least a year of humi time.

Just remember taste is subjective and my opinions are just that, opinions!!

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
you are lucky to have found your ATF so soon.
There is no need to try anything else, it will just be a letdown.
even a similar smoke will only remind you of your ATF.........

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Boudie - I do indeed! I rarely find myself smoking anything other than maduros! Thanks for the tip on 6 months. I should save a few in my box and let them sit awhile.

Nacho Daddy- Yes I am! While it is my ATF, idk about not smoking anything else, haha! I do constantly try other sticks because I look at cigars almost like trying new foods!

Jones- you really should! I can never stop raving about these sticks! Haha.

On a different note, did y'all know that this particular stick just recently got a makeover and Drew Estate changed the band? I don't happen to like the new band style as well, but as long as they don't change the flavor, this stick will always have a special place in my heart.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I found that in the Series R in the cigar pictured its more earth and a bit of pepper. It also needs a lot of rest to kill some of the harshness.

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I found that in the Series R in the cigar pictured its more earth and a bit of pepper. It also needs a lot of rest to kill some of the harshness.
Yeah I remember the LGC I had earlier this year, the flavor deteriorated to straight earthiness in the second third. And it was harsh, maybe it needed resting. I didn't have a humi at the time, I just bought it to smoke right away. But I had a few a couple years ago and enjoyed them very much. Maybe it was an aging issue with the one.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
There are no rules on resting cigars. Personally, I give everything I buy (except one or two B&Ms I visit) a month of rest. Just to recover from shipping or poor humidification. Maduros get at least 3 months and really heavy, full bodied cigars like Diesels, oscuros, or cigars with a lot of Ligero tobacco need at least a year of rest before I can smoke them.

I think if you are going to embrace the hobby and if you like full bodied cigars or Cubans you'll need adequate humidor room, and budget, to keep and hold your cigars for a while before smoking. There again, I believe most people I speak with enjoy their cigars ROTT or with just a short rest.

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Wel
There are no rules on resting cigars. Personally, I give everything I buy (except one or two B&Ms I visit) a month of rest. Just to recover from shipping or poor humidification. Maduros get at least 3 months and really heavy, full bodied cigars like Diesels, oscuros, or cigars with a lot of Ligero tobacco need at least a year of rest before I can smoke them.

I think if you are going to embrace the hobby and if you like full bodied cigars or Cubans you'll need adequate humidor room, and budget, to keep and hold your cigars for a while before smoking. There again, I believe most people I speak with enjoy their cigars ROTT or with just a short rest.
Well, I have never owned/smoked a Cuban, and probably won't for a long time, so I cannot comment in that department, but I LOVE full body Nicaraguans. My problem is that I'm so impatient. Perhaps I should buy multiple boxes, one for immediate consumption and then another for resting. The good thing is I don't smoke cigars every day since I don't have that kind of time. Thank you for the tips Boudie! I'm so glad I signed up and stopped lurking.

Coincrazed

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You just blew my mind. And here I am excited to fill up my first humidor I just bought! Damn..... Lol.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Ligero gets a lot of sun and tends to be pretty spicy and strong. I find rest mellows out those flavors and allows the spice to tone down a bit. If you're looking for that "blast" you may not want to rest them. I always buy 5 packs, that way I can smoke the same cigar with different amounts of rest and see how it changes with time.

Keep reading the forum. Lots of great advice available from all the members