Rating - 100%
59   0   0
In no order
McGruber
Braveheart
Rounders
Edge of Tomorrow (Live Die Repeat)
Shawshank
did you know that edge of tomorrow is actually adapted from a japanese light novel/manga called all you need is kill?

it might be an interesting read if you really like the concept as the book is fairly different than the movie in a few key places

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
did you know that edge of tomorrow is actually adapted from a japanese light novel/manga called all you need is kill?

it might be an interesting read if you really like the concept as the book is fairly different than the movie in a few key places
I didn't know that @squaresoft . I might have to check it out. Thanks!

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I didn't know that @squaresoft . I might have to check it out. Thanks!
It looks like my library has 2 versions, both the same title and topic but one is 92 pages (mainly pictures?) and the other is 420 pages. which do you recommend? Is one more of a comic and the other more of a novel?

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
It looks like my library has 2 versions, both the same title and topic but one is 92 pages (mainly pictures?) and the other is 420 pages. which do you recommend? Is one more of a comic and the other more of a novel?
yeah exactly. the 92 page one is probably a single volume of the comic adaptation of the 420 page book.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
High Plains Drifter
Gladiator
LOTR Trilogy
Original Batman with Michael Keaton
Dumb and Dumber/Step Brothers

Honorable mention: Jaws
Tombstone

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm including multiples from the same series as one for reason that should be obvious.
(In not particular order)
1.Ghostbusters
2.this is kinda a cop out, but they would take most of my top ten some I'm counting the Back to the Future, Star Wars and Indiana Jones franchises all in second place.
3. Aliens
4.That Thing You Do
5. Princess Mononoke

Honestly I could make a top 5 in pretty much every genre from 80s and early 90s movie because I think there was like..a 12 year period from 82-94 that is probably the best decade(ish) of all time for movies but that would be a boring list. I need to be able to list more! Maybe a top 25. Or a top 5 by genres?
I agree, I had trouble cutting movies I love from the top 5 and replacing them, but having a top 25 or top 5 by genres is going To big a pretty big list, but the challenge is trying to fit these 5!

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
In no order, 5 OF my favorites are:
--Christmas Vacation
--3 Amigos - watched this proh 50 times as a kid (along with beetlejuice), still love it
--Die Hard
--Godfathers I & II
--Wolf of Wall Street
Edit: Goodfellas can't not be on my list

There should be a TV series top 5 list... That could get interesting.

Last edited:

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I almost added Ran to the honorable mention list. I'm a huge Kurosawa fan!

Sent from my iPhone using Crap-a-Talk
I have to go with yojimbo/sanjuro personally. I mean yojimbo pretty much created the modern western as we know it which is kinda mind blowing considering where it came from. plus it's so funny. it's effective as a dark comedy too.

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I have to go with yojimbo/sanjuro personally. I mean yojimbo pretty much created the modern western as we know it which is kinda mind blowing considering where it came from. plus it's so funny. it's effective as a dark comedy too.
I started watching it several months ago but I was exhausted and fell asleep after 10 minutes or so. Never went back to it. Guess I will this weekend!

squaresoft

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
I started watching it several months ago but I was exhausted and fell asleep after 10 minutes or so. Never went back to it. Guess I will this weekend!

clint eastwoods character in the dollars trilogy is based on the wandering samurai Sanjuro. Fistful of dollars is a straight up remake of Yojimbo in fact.