What's new

Zacapa 23 question

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Only kind of drink I remember from going there was Mamajuana that the bartender kept giving me and my Uncle.....this is NOT to be mistaken for marijuana. LOL.
Haha, yes mamajuana is red wine, rum, cinnamon, cloves, honey and a bunch of sticks. Not sure what the sticks are for but they're in there.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
And the funny part is I purchased all of those sticks to make the mamajuana here at home and I have yet to actually do it. My Uncle has been asking for some lately.
We brought some home too and actually made some. About 90% off the sticks are still in a cupboard somewhere though. You should make it.

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
I know it's been mentioned but
all the way. A little cheaper would be the regular Kanichè. Both are a touch sweeter but darn good. The XO has a nice complexity. Kraken is no bueno. Not even in the same league.
Try Bacardi Oakheart if you want a really affordable sipper.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
all the way. A little cheaper would be the regular Kanichè. Both are a touch sweeter but darn good. The XO has a nice complexity. Kraken is no bueno. Not even in the same league.
Totally forgot about bacardi oakheart too !! That isn't bad either.

Sent from my cellular device via Tap to Talk

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks man! What does that XO usually sell for? Gonna have to look into oakheart too!

EDIT: NVM, found it. About 30 bucks. Not too shabby, thanks for the heads up!

Rating - 100%
51   0   0
I'm a fan of Kraken as well but, at that price, I much prefer Kilo Kai. It's just sub $20 and I can happily drink it neat.
The one that I just can't get behind is Sailor Jerry. I know a lot of people like it but it just doesn't suit my tastes

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Thanks @rdomfoto ! Is the Zacapa I purchase considered a "spiced" rum? I'm gonna say no, but I don't really know the first thing about rums. Obviously :)

I just know that the Zacapa is DAMN good.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Diplomatico compares well to Zacapa,layers of flavor, a little less sweet.Darker and less citrus notes,really hard to pick between them.
Pyrat is good,just not in the class with Zacapa.
I have a current El Dorado 12 yr,it seems to have fallen waaay down from what I remember of it 5 or 6 years ago..........

Spiced means artificially added flavors,Zacapa is spicy,not "spiced"

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gotcha. Yea I'm not looking for artificial flavors. Just a damn good dark rum. Sounds like Im going to be paying 40 bucks for something like that. All good, I'll just sip slower!

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Gotcha. Yea I'm not looking for artificial flavors. Just a damn good dark rum. Sounds like Im going to be paying 40 bucks for something like that. All good, I'll just sip slower!
Try and find Kanichè Reserva. You can get 2 bottles for that $40 and still have change left over. Great as a sipper. Kanichè XO for a higher price point or Bacardi Oakheart at the low end.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Try and find Kanichè Reserva. You can get 2 bottles for that $40 and still have change left over. Great as a sipper. Kanichè XO for a higher price point or Bacardi Oakheart at the low end.
Thanks brother, I'm gonna go shopping for some Rum on Friday. Hopefully I can find the Kaniche Reserva, it's piqued my interest.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Don't know. There are 2 Total Wine and More in CO though.
Maybe I'm just lucky? Try asking your local package store to find it.
Weird, their store finder on their site says no stores in CO, yet when I google it I show one about an hour south of me.

Might be a different total wine?

Edit: DEFINITELY a different company LOL, just did the Google street view: I'd be pissed if I drove an hour to find this