What's new

Zinio vs. Palio vs. Xikar

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Dear fellow cigar smokers and veterans. I need your again with a new cutter. I know most of you have said that Palios is the way to go or a xikar if I like it. BUT when I stopped by my local cigar store, he told me that palios are no good and if I want a real nice cutter I should go Zinio. He claims he had a bunch a problem with palios in regards to the blade chipping and what not. HELP!

Mike.

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He did sell palios and stopped because he said he had to many problems with them, he says the zinios should almost never have to go back and he got fed up dealing with taking the palios back.

Greg

BoM October 2006
Rating - 100%
119   0   0
Zinos are nice, but I'd have to question him on the Palio....I've NEVER heard any bad feedback on the Palio, or Xikar for that matter, regarding their return policy or, more importantly their performance.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
I have both the Palio and Xikar. They're both great cutters, however I use my Palio on all my Habanos as I think I get a better cut on those with that cutter. I've never heard a single bad word on either as far as quality, performance or warranty. I too question the motive of that shop owner.

Wae

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I've never had a problem with my Palio and I've used it for about 2 yrs now. I also own a SAK, Xikar, punch cutter and one of those wierd circle scissors from Cuban Crafters. I like the look, ergonomics and performance of the Palio.

IMO, the Zinos look just like a generic $5 cutter.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
With what has been said already, I have never heard of the blades chipping.

IMO he is trying to up sell you on the Zino.

For what it is worth, I have two Palios, no chipped blade, no cut problems. I also have a Swiss Army Knife with cigar cutter. These are my top two cutters. I think the SAK has a slight edge.

I am not a big fan of the Xikars. I do own one and couldn't tell you the last time I used it.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I hvae a Zino, Palio, Xikar, SAK and a variety of others. The Zino is a good cutter. I like the feel of the Palio better. I have a $2.50 cutter that I keep mixing up with the Zino.

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I looked through several sites, are you guys talking about the double giloutine black Zino cutter? I couldn't see how those come close to a xikar or Palio. But hey what do I know. I just use and love my Xikar.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I looked through several sites, are you guys talking about the double giloutine black Zino cutter? I couldn't see how those come close to a xikar or Palio. But hey what do I know. I just use and love my Xikar.
Zino is self sharpening, life time warranty. A great cutter. It just doesnt have the weight of a palio nor the panache of the Xikar.