What's new

Zinio vs. Palio vs. Xikar

Viper139

The Bead Man
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I have sold many Palios and Xikars, both are fine cutters and you won't be dissapointed with either. Both also stand behind their products 100% and I do as well.

Kimyounil

They call me Mike.
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So out of the many responses, only one zino cutter supporter? I've felt it and it feels pretty nice, not as heavy as the xikar but then again I've never felt a palio.

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Love both the original Palio and my bloodred Xikar. Since getting the Palio that is virtually all I use. I keep a gifted SAK in the car in case I forget the Palio.

I too never heard a bad word about Palio. With great customer service and a great BOTL vendor that sells them it a can not miss item. I heard of Xikar breaking or the blades have come apart. But also a great company that generally fixes or replaces no questions. Never heard of the other blade you are referring to, so I can not comment on them.

Irritech

Punch Super
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I have 2 Xikar cutters and have always planned on getting the Palio, just haven't gotten around to it. You say the shop owner says the blades chipped? I don't think I've ever had the cheapies that are given away at cigar stores chip. Does that shop sell cigars with rocks in em? :rofl:

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Sorry, but that store clerk was totally full of it. There is NO WAY the Palios were chipping like he said. I personally use a SAK because I like scissor type cutters (yes Donk, you are looking in the wrong place, it's one of their knives) but the Palio cutter is superb.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I dont like my xikar because I am a dumbass... If you decide on a xikar dont get wood grain because you may spill a beer or 6 on it and it kinda ruins the finish...
in any case I am about to buy a palio i think

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like the dealer has too many Zinos in inventory and/or gets a higher profit from selling them, to me. I have never heard of, let alone experienced, what he is talking about, and Palio has great customer service, in any event. I'd say go with the Palio and ignore the dealer's advice. If you were at a Ford dealer, would you pay attention to his comments about Chevvy?

N2Advnture

Loyal to a fault...
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
...He claims he had a bunch a problem with palios in regards to the blade chipping and what not. HELP!
There was a VERY small batch of new blades where a VERY LIMITED number had a tiny burr (you couldn't even see it).

Palio being one of the most anal retentive and meticulous companies I have ever dealt with, discovered the error before anyone even noticed and had them sent back. None made it to the market place.

Both the Xikar and Palio come with a lifetime warranty. If you are ever not satisfied with the Palio, you can exchange it at ANY authorized Palio dealer and the Xikar can be sent in for exchange.

Both have STELLAR customer service as well.

Most people like one or the other based if the "action" is their preferred/most comfortable method of operation.

I have used the same one for 7+ years and it's still my "go to" cutter and as sharp as ever and why I have account #001 with Palio as vendor :thumbsup:

Hope this helps
~Mark

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
i'm with mark...mike you think too much. i've already told you to go with a palio, i guess i should just go ahead and buy one to convince you to get one, huh.

oneaday

2007 BoY
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
Large Donatus Sissors when home and a 4 or 5 year old Palio when working and traveling. Mark gave me that cutter the first time we met up for dinner and a smoke, works great every time.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
So out of the many responses, only one zino cutter supporter? I've felt it and it feels pretty nice, not as heavy as the xikar but then again I've never felt a palio.
Ah dont get me wrong grasshopper. I have a Zino Cutter, made for Davidoff. It came with the purchase of $120 worth of Zino Davidoff cigars, (3). Its a very nice cutter thats does an excellent job. I am not a Palio fanatic. It is also a nice cutter that does an excellent job. Its heavier than the Zino and seems better constructed but I really cant say that the cut is better than the Zino. I would certainly not put down either cutter and believe you are being misled by your B&M that something is wrong with the Palio.

At home I use a SAK. I just like the show of getting out and using the sissors.

Ratbert

BoM Oct '07
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I use my Xikar probably 80% of the time and the Palio the rest. Lord knows I've gone through a slew of cheapo cutters...the ones where if you lose it you don't care.

I would like to get a SAK though.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I've never had a problem with my Palio and I've used it for about 2 yrs now. I also own a SAK, Xikar, punch cutter and one of those wierd circle scissors from Cuban Crafters. I like the look, ergonomics and performance of the Palio.

IMO, the Zinos look just like a generic $5 cutter.
how is that cuban crafters cutter, ive been thinking about getting one for a while now, just havent pulled the trigger yet.

ive got an xikar that i use for everything & bring with me when i go out, and i keep a couple of the $3 plastic double blades and a few bic lighters around the house & car just in case i am caught with nothing else.

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Not that I'm an expert mind you, but I really like the Palio. It's hard for me to understand how hard a cigar needs to be to chip surgical stainless steel. WOW! Before the Palio, I only used the el cheapo giveaway ones. No comparison. FWIW