What's new

12 Ronsons for $17!

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
So I got back the standard reply:

"Thank you for following up on this with us. We take all matters relating to privacy issues seriously and we certainly take heart with our customers who experienced fraudulent charges on their credit cards, as we understand that it can be an extremely frustrating experience. Shnoop.com does not store, access or retain any of our customer's credit card information. At this time, we are being advised by McAfee, which performs a daily security sweep on the site to determine if there are any vulnerabilities with the user pages, and that our site is Hacker Safe (https://www.mcafeesecure.com/ RatingVerify?ref=www.shnoop. com) and PCI Compliant, and meets all the stringent requirements as set forth by the banking industry. This, along with the requisite SSL encryption, are requirements that ****** has for merchants to utilize their secure payment platform that we employ on our site. Nonetheless, we are taking additional precautionary measures by having a 3rd party data protection firm do a complete security audit on the server, to ensure that our server was always completely secure. We strongly urge and advise anyone who suspects that their credit card information has been compromised, to immediately contact their card issuing bank, which investigates such matters. Please don't hesitate to email us back if you have any further questions.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team"

Since they invited a reply and wrote back, asking whether they had considered the possibility that they might not be getting hacked, and that one of their own employees might be stealing and selling the cc info. I wonder if and/or how they will respond to that.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Here is Shnoop's reply to my suggestion that the cc information was being stolen internally:

"Thank you for getting back to us. We are a family owned and operated business. As such, if credit card numbers were stolen as a result of placing an order on shnoop.com, there is no possibility that this was perpetrated internally. Nonetheless, in an effort to ensure that our customers have the safest and most secure shopping experience, we have temporarily suspended our credit card processor, and we are in the process of moving to a different, more secure server. Additionally, in the near future, all payments on our site will be handled by a 3rd party credit card processor (******), where sensitive data will be handled on a secure server, so it further reduces the possibility of fraud. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you and hope to have the opportunity of serving you again in the future.

Regards,

The Shnoop Team"

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
And do the credit card companies actually go after these transactions or simply take the loss?
They usually just take the loss. My card got stolen a while back and we found out who stole it and told the credit card company but they didn't care. Easier and cheaper for them to just eat the loss.