stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
List of BOTLs with fraudulent charges (please copy and paste in your post):
1. Starz26 - $3,000
2. Deuce - 2 charges of $750
3. Stroke - $522.98 total, 3 charges and 2 intl transfer fees

Had two initially, then I looked again and there was third charge from Dec 24th that posted on Jan 9th... :disappoin

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
1. Starz26 - $3,000
4. Mutombo - $78.39 - canceled card immediately

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
1. Starz26 - $3,000
5. Dave - Over $2700 total in 4 attempted charges - 3 declined; one went through with intl transfer fee added

Clint

Clint
Rating - 100%
206   0   1
1. Starz26 - $3,000
5. Clint--4 charges totalling over $4,000...On a DEBIT card

Took a while, but I was a victim as well.
Thank goodness Wells Fargo is such an outstanding company...All charges were credited, and THEY contacted me suspecting fraudulent activity.

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Stroke said:
On December 9th, 2010, I purchased four 12-lighter Ronson Amero Lite butane lighter display cases from shnoop.com for $67.96 (which is reflected in the receipt to which I am replying). Then, on December 23rd, I received a charge from JCPenney Catalog 9822 for $38.51. On December 24th, I received a charge for $268.60 from navigon.com and a charge for $2.69 from the credit union through which I have the credit card for an international transfer fee. I also received a charge on January 9th, 2011, with a transaction date of December 24th, from kiabi.com for $211.07 and a $2.11 international transfer fee. I am aware of 12 other people who also purchased the lighters from shnoop on the same day and have also received fraudulent charges on their credit cards shortly thereafter. I can provide a receipt from the transaction, a bank statement, and contact information for the other 12 if necessary.

I understand shnoop staff had adamantly denied any possibility that this was due to any compromises in security within shnoop.com or that the security of customers' credit cards was compromised in any way by shnoop.com. However, to consider compromises in the security of 13 peoples' credit card information who all made a purchase from your website on the same date would be absolutely preposterous and absurd. It is clear these fraudulent charges to my credit card and the credit cards of the other 12 individuals was a result of a purchase from shnoop. I have contacted the fraud department of the financial agency that maintains the credit card I used to complete this purchase. Thus far, however, I have only be reimbursed for $271.71. What will the shnoop team do to assist me in this predicament? I will be contacting the Internet Crime Complaint Center shortly. Thank you for your time.

shnoop said:
Thank you for your interest in the site. We sincerely regret and apologize for the inconvenience (to say the least) that this matter has caused you. To date, shnoop.com has never stored, accessed or retained any of our customer's credit card information on our database. This policy has always been implemented for the added safety and security of our customers. Additionally, our secure checkout page, where customers enter their credit card information, is encrypted by a High Grade 256 bit Encryption. We are aware that several customers have seen unusual and fraudulent transactions on their credit card statements. We urge and encourage all customers who have experienced this to immediately contact their card issuing bank. Under Federal Consumer Protection laws, cardholders who report fraudulent charges within 60 days of the charges appearing on their accounts have zero liability. Once this matter came to our attention, we requested from an independent 3rd party online security firm to run a complete scan of our sites, to determine if there were any vulnerabilities on the server, which we have not found. Nonetheless, in an effort to ensure that we offer the most secure shopping experience to our customers, we are undertaking the process of overhauling the entire site. While this is in progress, we have temporarily suspended direct credit card payments via our website, and we now accept credit card payments via ****** only, where it is transacted on ******'s secure payment page. Please don't hesitate to email us back if you have any further questions.
They must have a template...

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
They must make these denials for legal reasons...it has to be obvious to them that they are the common link in dozens of fraud cases.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Just a heads up this apparently is still not a dead issue. I thought I was safe but I just got 2 bogus charges today on my c/c and there is apparently another one pending.I'm sure its from this because this is the only thing I've ever purchase from a "deal" site. One showed as Vodaphone a UK cell company and the other as Vasternorrland Trafik Kramfors. Don't think I could be any more pissed off right now. :cursing::argh:

Last edited:

stroke

Brian
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
Just a heads up this apparently is still not a dead issue. I thought I was safe but I just got 2 bogus charges today on my c/c and there is apparently another one pending.I'm sure its from this because this is the only thing I've ever purchase from a "deal" site. One showed as Vodaphone a UK cell company and the other as Vasternorrland Trafik Kramfors. Don't think I could be any more pissed off right now. :cursing::argh:
Same happened to me, it posted mid-January, but said transaction date was late December

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
SONOFABITCH!!! :angryteet Just checked my account and, sure enough, there was a bogus transaction from France! Called the bank, disputed the transaction, and they are replacing the card. Fargin' bastidges... :crying: I sent a nastygram to shnoop.com, telling them that their "security" is an insult and that I will never buy anything from them again, not that a real person will ever read that or give a damn...

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
51   0   0
Just noticed this, I got hit also, shortly after I purchased from Schnoop.

1. Starz26 - $3,000
5. Clint--4 charges totalling over $4,000...On a DEBIT card
6. Tegu - 2 International plane tickets over $3,000

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had 2 entries: a charge from Paris for just under $40. and a related international fee of about $1.50, on a debit card. Fortunately, 1) they canceled that card immediately, and 2) it is on a tiny account that I use just to buy occasional cigars, etc., so there is never much money in it, and I intentionally opted NOT to have overdraft protection.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Once a organization has your card information it is immediately sold to multiple groups who charge whatever they can. Usual charges are where they can sell the product or get a cash refund. Call you company, cancell the card and have a new one re-issued if you used this site. It won't stop until you do. Only by checking the card and all transactions, then cancelling will you be clear.

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
My charges included an international flight as well...WTF? Wouldn't that be easy to trace?
Seriously... I'm having a hard time figuring out why they book flights? It's not like they can sell a flight... would they actually dare try and actually use the flight knowing it's stolen money? Are they just booking a fully refundable flight and then canceling it for a refund thinking they will easily get away with it?

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
And do the credit card companies actually go after these transactions or simply take the loss?