What's new

2013 BOTL™ Corona by Drew Estate

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Yes, very nice to see them both scored in the top 25. They are excellent, excellent cigars and a very nice project to have for this site. However, I don't understand how the cigar they scored higher, the corona, rated 18 spots lower.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
...However, I don't understand how the cigar they scored higher, the corona, rated 18 spots lower...
Nothing HW does these days makes much sense to me. A top 25 list with zero CC's on it is just comical to me too. Also, how the DPG 10th Anny, (which I personally thought was the best NC that I smoked in 2013) was rated 18th overall is beyond me. I get that it's a totally subjective list & they seem to cater more & more to site sponsors above all else, but to me, the entire list left me scratching my head.

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
...However, I don't understand how the cigar they scored higher, the corona, rated 18 spots lower...
Nothing HW does these days makes much sense to me. A top 25 list with zero CC's on it is just comical to me too. Also, how the DPG 10th Anny, (which I personally thought was the best NC that I smoked in 2013) was rated 18th overall is beyond me. I get that it's a totally subjective list & they seem to cater more & more to site sponsors above all else, but to me, the entire list left me scratching my head.
Remember they only have four people who smoke, rank, and review the cigars.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Remember they only have four people who smoke, rank, and review the cigars.
I totally understand that. Why come out with a list at all then if that's gonna be their excuse?

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not really that complicated guys, from Halfwheel "After over 250 cigars, the staff of halfwheel took more than 30 of the highest rated new cigars of 2013, smoked and ordered them individually. All four staff members smoked and ranked the eligible cigars for the halfwheel 25, which included any cigar that debuted in 2013 that had been rated by the site. The results are as follows." They were reviewed again by the entire staff as opposed to just the original reviewer.

thejavaman

BoM December 2012
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Not really that complicated guys, from Halfwheel "After over 250 cigars, the staff of halfwheel took more than 30 of the highest rated new cigars of 2013, smoked and ordered them individually. All four staff members smoked and ranked the eligible cigars for the halfwheel 25, which included any cigar that debuted in 2013 that had been rated by the site. The results are as follows." They were reviewed again by the entire staff as opposed to just the original reviewer.
So, what happened to all the 90+ rated CC's they reviewed? They just weren't eligible? Why? They're publishing a list of what is supposedly their 25 best cigars of 2013 and even though they rated several CC's at 90+ none of them are eligible or included in their "best of 2013" list? Makes zero sense to me no matter how you slice it.