What's new

2014 BOTL Pipe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Hey guys, to start off I would like to issue a congratulations to everyone that has been pushing this, as well as a big thanks to everyone involved in keeping the interest going and seeing the idea turn into a reality. I feel pretty honored to be the one getting to make this pipe, we have a great group of guys on here and I can't wait to build the piece for the 10th Anniversary.
I want to give Eric a congratulations on coming up on this 10year mile stone as well as a thank you for giving me the blessing to make these pipes.
For those that are not aware Clint (@cgraunke) has been a huge help with getting things worked along, as much as I will be working with everyone on the forum to see this through I will also be enlisting Clint to do a lot of the heavy lifting to accomplish what needs to be done in seeing this through as far as getting the logistics and everything accomplished.

So where are we at now?
Well, we now have the approval and the logo for the pipe.
There is still many things that need to be addressed before the pipes are to be made.
One of the main things that need to be addressed first and foremost is the amount of people that would be in on this.
After a lot of consideration the price point would realistically be sitting around the $225 mark.
This is not a hard price, just an early planning budgetary figure.

Poles as far as the pipe shape, finish, stem etc will also need to be done in order to come to a general consensus.

After we get those nailed down we can get moving forward on everything else.

Once I have hard numbers on people interested and we have come to a general consensus on the pipe to be made we will start compiling the pipe orders.
A first wave of 10 pipes would be put out, a rough number of 20 total pipes to be made has been floating around. It is up in the air as far as if a cap will be placed on the number of pipes that are to be made however.

At this point we need a rough figure of how many people would seriously be interested given the rough price point of $225.
When the time comes in order to be on the list to purchase a pipe a non refundable deposit for your individual pipe will be needed, this deposit will go into the material price of your pipe. Once the pipe is finished it will be sent out upon the final balance of the pipe being cleared up.
Pipe orders will be reserved on a first come first serve basis once the deposit is received.

Thanks guys, can't wait to see what we come up with.
Cody.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys, to start off I would like to issue a congratulations to everyone that has been pushing this, as well as a big thanks to everyone involved in keeping the interest going and seeing the idea turn into a reality. I feel pretty honored to be the one getting to make this pipe, we have a great group of guys on here and I can't wait to build the piece for the 10th Anniversary.
I want to give Eric a congratulations on coming up on this 10year mile stone as well as a thank you for giving me the blessing to make these pipes.
For those that are not aware Clint (@cgraunke) has been a huge help with getting things worked along, as much as I will be working with everyone on the forum to see this through I will also be enlisting Clint to do a lot of the heavy lifting to accomplish what needs to be done in seeing this through as far as getting the logistics and everything accomplished.

So where are we at now?
Well, we now have the approval and the logo for the pipe.
There is still many things that need to be addressed before the pipes are to be made.
One of the main things that need to be addressed first and foremost is the amount of people that would be in on this.
After a lot of consideration the price point would realistically be sitting around the $225 mark.
This is not a hard price, just an early planning budgetary figure.

Poles as far as the pipe shape, finish, stem etc will also need to be done in order to come to a general consensus.

After we get those nailed down we can get moving forward on everything else.

Once I have hard numbers on people interested and we have come to a general consensus on the pipe to be made we will start compiling the pipe orders.
A first wave of 10 pipes would be put out, a rough number of 20 total pipes to be made has been floating around. It is up in the air as far as if a cap will be placed on the number of pipes that are to be made however.

At this point we need a rough figure of how many people would seriously be interested given the rough price point of $225.
When the time comes in order to be on the list to purchase a pipe a non refundable deposit for your individual pipe will be needed, this deposit will go into the material price of your pipe. Once the pipe is finished it will be sent out upon the final balance of the pipe being cleared up.
Pipe orders will be reserved on a first come first serve basis once the deposit is received.

Thanks guys, can't wait to see what we come up with.
Cody.
Great, thanks Cody for all this great info for us to get started with. And I think its great we have a fellow brother that will be making the pipe. I was speaking with Clint via text earlier that I would love to help out in any way, so just let me know. So if we need a list compiled of who interested I can help out and people can PM or we can poll it. Just let me know

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Great! So what are we talking for deposit? 50%
That sounds about right, Matt.
Again, budgetary at this point, but material costs are going to be creeping over that 50%, so Cody has agreed to $100 as a deposit. (no, not yet!)
We'll nail down hard numbers as this progresses, but this is a rough starting point...
Until talking with Cody, I never really thought about pipe prices.
He tries to use the best material, and I respect that. A certain pride in your work.
But after materials and consumables, he's barely making minimum wage for his labor selling a $200-$225 pipe.
Now, these $300-$350 artisan pipes I see make a lot more sense. (still hard to swallow, but easier to accept :eyebrow: )
It gives me a lot more respect for the pieces of art that are the cornerstone of our smoking pleasure!
I'm so happy this is moving forward, and honored to be able to work with Cody to make this pipe a reality.
Thank you Cody, and a big thanks again to Eric for making this all possible!

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Oh Clint, Cody PMed after I said I can help in any way and he said for now to gather the list of folks. Now there have been folks that have shown more/less interest as this has moved on. So I will be making a draft list tomorrow.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
Oh Clint, Cody PMed after I said I can help in any way and he said for now to gather the list of folks. Now there have been folks that have shown more/less interest as this has moved on. So I will be making a draft list tomorrow.
Excellent Fraser!
Maybe keep a running list in the thread here, as well. Just keep copying & pasting adding names to the list.
The first thing Cody really needs from all of us is a realistic number of interested parties based solely on that budgetary pricing. The number of people who would put that $100 down today if orders were starting to be taken.
To anyone interested in the first ever BOTL pipe, read up and post here. Now's your chance to make it a reality!

Boppa-Wasch

BoM March '07
Rating - 100%
65   0   0
Here are some Pic's of the pipes Boswell made for me.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

As I recall, they were right around $150.00 each......one straight and one bent. Both have acrylic stems.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
I have given Cody my blessing to produce the pipe based on what the majority wants.
Each piece will be logo'd with the BOTL alternative logo (see my avatar).
Since I'm not a pipe guy - I will leave the shape, details, etc to you guys and Cody to work out so that it's tailored specifically to the BOTL community.

I'm looking forward to the outcome!
Awesome! Thanks Eric!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.