What's new

2014 Tobacco Garden

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Update 2014 tobacco garden was a great success. I have more tobacco than I could smoke in 10 years but it was fun. I have been playing with new pipe blends lately as the wife enjoys her pipe and I have come to enjoy a heavy latakia blend. My cigar tobacco is great but I have run out of wrappers and binders so guess what I am growing this year a lot of wrapper and binder.

I sent out 3 samples to people here on the forum to try out we will see what they think over the next few weeks

2015 seeds are going great and the garden is finished ready for planting. I am growing 720 plants with 29 varieties. Going to be fun blending next year

Rating - 90%
9   1   0
I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this thread. I hope to be able to try out growing some tobacco for myself someday. My aunt and uncle have quite a piece of land near Cisco, TX that I could plant on.

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
Im going to try to grow about 15 plants this year to try to roll my own cigars. I'm going to grow a few Connecticut bl 's for wrappers. But I'm not sure what to use for filler and binder. I like more of a medium body cigar. What would you recommend? Also do you have any good links for how to process, ferment and roll? Thanks again

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
@USHOG I see you live in Iola, I wouldn't mind coming and checking your garden and lending a hand. I've been wanting to learn to roll my own cigars and try to plant a few tobaccoo plants. I live in Huntsville.

Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Not many people step out of their trucks without me present. Most people don't understand that just because my Dogos look like 125 pound pit bulls that they are mean. Actually most of them would just tackle you and lick you to death. I am on a block of 15 houses spread over 2000 acres. I am the only house in the last 15 years that has not been robbed. I really don't think it is the dogs more than I work at home and shoot guns everyday. Yesterday I unloaded 4 drums of ammo from my saga 12. That has to help somewhat plus it is fun

Smoqman

BoM Aug. 2014
Rating - 100%
278   0   0
Not many people step out of their trucks without me present. Most people don't understand that just because my Dogos look like 125 pound pit bulls that they are mean. Actually most of them would just tackle you and lick you to death. I am on a block of 15 houses spread over 2000 acres. I am the only house in the last 15 years that has not been robbed. I really don't think it is the dogs more than I work at home and shoot guns everyday. Yesterday I unloaded 4 drums of ammo from my saga 12. That has to help somewhat plus it is fun
Hahaha!! Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.