What's new

2016 BOTL Pipe of the Year

Rating - 100%
19   0   0
So, I didn't want to address any possible changes until we picked the final shape, but since the question on the "author" directly relates to shape let's go there now...
Does anyone else second the motion to replace what came out as a bent apple with more of a traditional author, per our poling results? If we have a second, then I'll put it to a full vote.
The bent apple looks fine. O have about three or four author 320KS pipes anyway.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
We have a winner - the Author!
IMG_0031.JPG
The carvers of the 2016 BOTL Pipe of the Year are the team at True North Briar
www.truenorthbriar.com

Last step is to figure out any changes we'd like to review.
I spoke with the guys at TNB and they'd be on board to do the saddle bit at no extra charge. (y)
I think there was enough interest to skip past nominations and seconds and go straight to a poll on that.
I'll have that poll up soon!
Army mounts and reverse calabash are out of the question for this one as both options would raise our price point way too high.
But, we can talk about stain colors at no cost. Any interest in a change there?
A trim ring would also be an option, but at an extra $20/pipe (from $225 up to $245)
Upgrading the stem material to another color/swirl/Cumberland would be a $5/pipe adder
Would love to hear all of your thoughts, so please nominate any change ideas you might have.
Or feel free to let us know you like it how it is, too!!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
My votes would be: Brindle coloring (cumberland), saddle bit with trim piece.

I don't care for the color very much. At least the way it shows up on my screww. I love a deep contrast stain with a good amount of contrast between the colors. The color as is with a little more red in it maybe to darken it just a touch without making it so dark you cant see any wood.

Rating - 100%
163   0   0
View attachment 84432

Couple of things.

This representation, to me, nails the author shape. Although I prefer saddle bits on alot of pipes, I just don't think it would look right on an author. If someone has an author with a saddle please post a pic. Quick Google search doesn't show much.

Cumberland stems are gorgeous and would go well.

Clint, can I see a picture of this pipe next to another pipe like another POTY so I can have a better idea of size?

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk