What's new

5 Days of TAA's.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first 2015 and the earliest I have smoked a TAA tat. Pre light it smells of cedar, cocoa and leather with a tea like cold draw. Once lit I pick up pepper, a slight tea undertone, some woodyness, leather and a lingering sweetness. The pepper is more dominant then the other years which I know age will tone down. The sweetness slowly faded to a nuttiness with cedar and cocoa. When I started to pass the last third the cigar got bitter and wouldn't burn right and couldn't recover. Still a great cigar and box worthy but I prefer these with a year or better of age on it. A great weekend of some great cigars! Thank you theMischman for suggesting this!

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Here's my entry finally. Home after a 13 hour day in the office, just had some dinner and put my son to bed and sat down, after talking to my wife for a little bit, to smoke this cigar. Only to be greated by a 1" split in the wrapper. It's smoking well, but I'm certainly distracted by it. The head is a little blown up - I don't know if I dropped it or if my humidor got too high or just luck of the draw, so to speak.

Cut a half inch off and now it's smoking much better.

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
Day: 2015

Well, my long weekend has finally come to a close. No matter how much time off one gets it's never enough and always goes by too fast.... I have enjoyed some good cigars this weekend and had a good time watching everyone else who joined in. In addition to smoking some cigars this weekend I celebrated my son's 9th birthday, helped a good friend @dontWIZonme pack up to move to Alaska, and got to visit briefly with a friend who is currently enjoying civilian life.

So tonight, similar to @CaptainRon, while my wife is at school I made dinner for the kids and got them in bed. I looked around at the disaster I made in the kitchen and began cleaning so I can do what has to be done.............

Smoke this fucking cigar and have a drink.......
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
First things first, this cigar has that signature Tatuaje-Broadleaf-Stripper-Glitter thing going on, I love that. It has a very nice box-press and that closed foot just to round everything out. The 2015 is reported to be the same blend as the 2011 which is supposed to have something in common with the Barclay Rex and the Tenderloin. Regardless, I'm sure we can all agree it's a damn good smoke and will only get better with age.

I have heard some folks say that they like the TAA's at a higher RH than other cigars they smoke so I decided to try it. I've had this cigar in one of my desktops with some 70% Bovedas for a couple weeks, so far so good. The cigar lit just fine and has a wavy burn but nothing to complain about. This one seems to have the least amount of pepper on the retro as compared to the last four years. There is a sweetness and a bit of muted leather, as well as, a floral under tone. The earthy tobacco is the main thing going on right now and to me that's a good thing. Someone once said, "Age won't help a shitty cigar, you'll just have an old shitty cigar", luckily that's not the case with this one. Overall, the TAA 2015 has been very enjoyable and I'm glad I picked up as many as I did because it will be interesting to see how progresses.
image.jpeg
Thanks for joining in to my Five Days of TAA's.
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
I would have love to participate, I have a box from every year. They are my favorite. But I just had surgery so cigars are out. I have not had a cigar for 3 weeks (it is rough), but the MD says I am good to go on the 20th.. I think I am going to break out the 2011. Can't wait.

Attachments

THEMISCHMAN

SGT Hulka
Rating - 100%
146   0   0
I would have love to participate, I have a box from every year. They are my favorite. But I just had surgery so cigars are out. I have not had a cigar for 3 weeks (it is rough), but the MD says I am good to go on the 20th.. I think I am going to break out the 2011. Can't wait.
First, let me say, I'm a little jealous. Feel free to do your own five days once you're cleared to partake.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I am jealous as well. Glad you will be able to enjoy soon and celebrate!
Cheers!:cigar: