What's new

8ball reviews an acid collectors tin (yikes)

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Review number 2: Acid Atom Maduro

10 hour shift, working tomorrow, and picked up OT on Sunday. Yep, I'm grumpy. What better way to lift my spirits than another acid. I debated this one, but my pain is your pleasure, and I seek the approval of my fellow BOTL more than my own self esteem. So here we go. In all it's glory, I present the Acid Atom Maduro:

Another one with a closed foot. Nice presentation overall, it's basically a nice looking cigar. Holy cow is this sweet on the lips. It reminds me of Fez on that 70's show with his quest to obtain candy. Not that this bothers me. I know what I'm in for (an acid), so it actually tastes pretty nice. Let's light it up!

I start puffing away and while I'm smoking, my wife is talking to me, and she says "that cigar smells like pot". I try to explain that I'm smoking weird cigars that most people don't like, for the enjoyment of others. She doesn't understand it, nor do I.

We're into it now, and already, it's an improvement over the nasty. 50/50 infusion to tobacco, and the leaf tastes much better than the nasty. Nice maduro chocolate taste and sugary sweet, but not like old lady's perfume.

Half way, and the cap is still pretty sweet, but in a good way. I'm really digging this cigar right now, WHAT? The taste at this point is getting peppery, but with the infusion, some black cherry comes through which is pretty neat. A little bit of an uneven burn and weak ash, so it needs some attention, but nothing to distract from the smoke. Now it's starting to sour and I decide to give it a purge.

Burma shave approves!

I keep trying this some more with about an inch left. since Im actually enjoying it, I decide to puge, but the purge has only slightly made made it better. Still. This is a solid infused stick. I thought about going with the Blondie, but like the nasty, it's a small stick and I didn't want to knock out all the small ones and be left with all the large vitolas. I would easily revisit this one down the line, but the biggest question is, "who the heck would spend $160 for a box of these?" It's decent, but $160 goes a far way in the cigar world.

Anyone wanting to try an acid should put this on their list. The infusion pairs well with the maduro, and this stick has given me hope for the rest of the lot. Does this make me an absolute infusion smoker? Not at all. But, it's a nice change of pace that I could enjoy every couple of months or so.

Acid score 8/10

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Review number 3: the c note

This review comes from my phone, so please excuse the typos. I initially was not gonna review this one because I generally don't like cigarellos, but after smoking a jerico hill, I wanted some more, so here we go.

initially this cigarello smells like coffee with a hint of perfume.

Bonus question what show is this?

Righht off the bat, this thing is crooked, you know what the ladies say about that?, its probably a sign of dissapointment. No cut for this guy, and they sell a box of 100 for $90, about $.90 a piece. This tip is really sweet, and tastes pretty good.

Hey cool, the car from my twenties, ahhhh, good memories.

Alright, I like the tip, but thats about it. Like the nasty, the tobacco sucks. This is about a 10 minute smoke, so it's fairly one dimensional, and that's a dimension that I don't want to be in. It goes out about half way and I relight it with a bic to add more infusion. I guess this would be a good handout for a lady, or a cigarette smoker, but I really can't recommend it. The tip tastes real good, but the smoke and retrohale are just plain rough.

This "review" is pretty much done. This is a stinker. Just keep the tip in your mouth unlit, or pop a lifesaver for a better experience. Sorry for the crap review, but this thing offers very little. However, like I said, cigarellos are really not my thing and they are difficult review.

Acid score 2/10
to save this review, lets look at my old car. It was a 2000 Acura Integra GSR. Back in 2002 I was on top of the world (or so I thought). Making over $30,000, I bought this car at $380 a month and $550 a month for my apartment. Result? Moved back with my parents within a year. Remember this younglings. This car was awesome and I have some great and not so great memories with it. I took it to many car shows, and I even met my wife while I owned it. Not that it was crazy fast, but everyone wanted to race me and it got old real quick as I grew up and got out of the fast and furious thing to concentrate on starting a family.

I even found an old page for my car:
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/406700/2000-acura-integra/#__federated=1

Hope you guys enjoyed this special edition review.

Another one bites the dust.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
I tried a kuba kuba once and thought it was not bad. Have not had another one since. If I want infused DE offers much better choices.
Keep the reviews coming bro!

luckysaturn13

Smoke it if ya got it!
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I love the reviews the face pics are hilarious! I remember the integras I was finishing up hs when the f and f craze hit! It was a fun time I had a really nice Saturn s c 2 that was in show condition and really fast for being a Saturn. Raced a lot of Honda's and acuras in it's days. Then one day I got sideways in a turn ate a ditch pretty hard. After a new engine cradle and a coat of primer I had a car that would tear up dirt roads like no tomorrow! Finally sold her about a year ago....

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the reviews. C Note sounds...greeeat..

On a different note, I've never been a huge fan of the Integra but yours was very tastefully done. Looked good!

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
Yo Eric...there's gonna be a Drew Estate event on 4/11 at Nice Ash. Maybe you can score a few more samplers for our entertainment! :LOL: