What's new

8ball reviews an acid collectors tin (yikes)

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Do it!!!!
What he said. I finished all my acids. All but 3 in a day. But due to a family crisis, I didnt get all done at once. The next question is do i start another thread or post the review here? Seeing as I dont have as a refined palate and vocabulary, i dont know if it would stand on its own as a seperate thread.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
What he said. I finished all my acids. All but 3 in a day. But due to a family crisis, I didnt get all done at once. The next question is do i start another thread or post the review here? Seeing as I dont have as a refined palate and vocabulary, i dont know if it would stand on its own as a seperate thread.
I wouldn't worry about starting your own thread and your limited palate. When I read extremely detailed reviews on line, I usually skim to the end to see what the reviewers final thoughts are. I'm not gonna name any sites, but some go into such ridiculous detail that it bores me. Feel free to review here, but don't worry about starting your own thread. I think we all love reviews be it a person that just started smoking or an experienced smoker with 10+ years.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Review number 8: extra ordinary Larry.
What a name. When I think Larry, this is the only Larry I can think about.

well, this is a big boy, a 6x60. I usually don't get down with rg ' s that big, but I'll have one from time to time. This is another closed foot with a pigtail. At this point I'll state it. Closed foots and pigtails are pointless. I use a Cuban crafters perfect cut, so I have to line up the pigtail in the center. The closed foot is even worse. Nothing like lighting a cigar and seeing burnt embers heading toward your genitals.

Anyways, back to the cigar. Presentation is nice. Its got a dark wrapper and looks to be a full bodied treat. It has the familiar incense smell to it. I was immediately surprised to find that the tip is not sweetened.
20 minutes into the smoke and I'm surprised by the strength. I'm actually getting mild to medium out of this. However, it comes across as pretty boring.

it's not that it's bad, I'm just not getting much flavor out of it. At about half way through, the infusion finally appears, although not by much. It goes from a boring smoke to a sweeter boring smoke with a small hint of chocolate.
I put it down with about an inch left. I think a smaller ring Guage bringing more flavor out of the wrapper would do wonders for this smoke. Regardless, this was not good or bad, it's just there, and with the msrp, I won't revisit.

Acid score 5/10
It's a Meh smoke, but I wouldn't discount it completely. It's actually a nice bridge smoke since it does not have a sweetned cap and the infusion is very light. Still, if you want a full acid experience, I'd look elsewhere.
Acid face:

btw, if anyone knows who that Larry is, ill punch @Bondo 440 in the balls next time ill see him. As long as he doesnt have some guy on the phone trying to make payments on a $1500 car.

Last edited:

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

well, this is a big boy, a 6x60. I usually don't get down with rg ' s that big, but I'll have one from time to time. This is another closed foot with a pigtail. At this point I'll state it. Closed foots and pigtails are pointless. I use a Cuban crafters perfect cut, so I have to line up the pigtail in the center. The closed foot is even worse. Nothing like lighting a cigar and seeing burnt embers heading toward your genitals.

Anyways, back to the cigar. Presentation is nice. Its got a dark wrapper and looks to be a full bodied treat. It has the familiar incense smell to it. I was immediately surprised to find that the tip is not sweetened.
20 minutes into the smoke and I'm surprised by the strength. I'm actually getting mild to medium out of this. However, it comes across as pretty boring.

it's not that it's bad, I'm just not getting much flavor out of it. At about half way through, the infusion finally appears, although not by much. It goes from a boring smoke to a sweeter boring smoke with a small hint of chocolate.
I put it down with about an inch left. I think a smaller ring Guage bringing more flavor out of the wrapper would do wonders for this smoke. Regardless, this was not good or bad, it's just there, and with the msrp, I won't revisit.

Acid score 5/10
It's a Meh smoke, but I wouldn't discount it completely. It's actually a nice bridge smoke since it does not have a sweetned cap and the infusion is very light. Still, if you want a full acid experience, I'd look elsewhere.
Acid face:

btw, if anyone knows who that Larry is, ill punch @Bondo 440 in the balls next time ill see him. As long as he doesnt have some guy on the phone trying to make payments on a $1500 car.
And yes, as dorky as it looks, at home, I wear pants with snowmen playing football and sandles and socks together.

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Acid interlude courtesy of @SharkyZiff
1 forgive me as I'm on my phone.
2 I have beer and whisky in me.

ok, well, sharky resupplied me as if I needed it, but I appreciate it, and since they are to be reviewed, I'm gonna be honest about them. So , I'm gonna go ahead and fire this up:

Tabac especial dolce Toro
it has a nice shaggy foot for presentation, but like the closed foot, it's kinda pointless. First scent has a nice coffee smell to it as I expected. Sweetned cap with flavors of coffee, butter, & sugar. Time to light up.

Of course I have to re light with the shaggy foot. Honestly, I don't know why retailers put this into cigars, but whatever. Initial thoughts are that this is a nice medium bodied amoke. Quality tobacco here and the coffee flavor is present, but man is this cap sweet, it's almost pure sugar now.

holy cow, butter rum all the way, and I love butter rum candies. Also resembles a Worthers original. I'm really liking the flavors here, and the tip has mellowed out a bit.

With an inch left, it's still holding on strong. Mocha, chocolate, & a hint of cinnamon. The sweetned cap takes care of any sourness, which none is present.
No acid score, but let this be the factor:

Smoking this, I thought about $100-120 a box. Alas, they run $150+. However, I will look for monster deals on these. I can only imagine these while actually drinking coffee. Thanks @SharkyZiff

8ball

Ruler of Grayskull
Rating - 100%
34   0   0

Acid score 5/10
Acid face:

BTW, that was amazing Larry from peewees big adventure. No one guessed, so @Bondo 440 , no low shots when i see you next. Congrats.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0

Acid score 5/10
Acid face:

Been looking forward to this one since the thread was started.
Larry was the ACID that transitioned me to good cigars. Not for any merits of its own mind you... Got into ACIDs, then moved up to the Larry (around $15-16/ea at my b&m) then thought well if I'm spending this much why not just try some of the stuff on the other wall for $10? So I did, and it's been all downhill from there.