What's new

A Coolidor Primer

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
nah,,, try this,,, costco has the 160 qt for <$70, recessed handles so you can set it on end,,, build a few quick shelves (cardboard shooting targets x4, cut to fit the grooves in the cooler, completely sealed in clear shipping tape, ),,, use the easy entrance to mount your hygrometer,,, utilize a 2x4 credo w/beads, oasis XL, more beads in a pantyhose secured to the inside of the door (during those dry months),,, and, whala!! [note. the blue sleeve mounted on the inside of the door holds an iced sports wrap which i exchanged several times a day during the summers,,, then i bought an a/c for the room! ha!!]

now, you should see her kid sister!!

jrohrer

BoM Jan '07
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
not sure if the new guys are...but I am!

figured it'd be easier than trying to search each time I needed it, and just in case anyone else was thinking about it...it's a damn good thread with tons of info!

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Great Info!!! I'm going to do this on the weekend! Just bought new furniture, so I will have to spring on my wife for a cabinet in the near future! Trust me, I'll need the luck to sell that.

Rating - 100%
4   0   0

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
With all the knowledge flowing around these pages, I wonder...

Has anyone thought of putting together a wiki for cigars? I found this one but don't really like the way it's organized and a lot of their pages don't have nearly the depth of info found here.

I'm imagining sections for CC, NC, Humidors, Cutters, Torches, Ashtrays, How to Spot Fakes, Accompaniments (ie. booze, food, friends...) with listings, reviews, and articles for each section. With the high caliber of peer reviewers it would seem congregate here, I would imagine this group could turn out quite a product. Just my $0.02

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
If u do every thing in Headbangers note. (I used the same info setting up mine) I put some wood shelves in mine and use a lil over 1/2 lb and mine is right on at 65-68, .....I keep mine down in the basement so the temp is pretty steady......Good luck bro

What RH beads did you use? 65% or 70%?

codemachine

Cigar n00b
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
does Wiki pay me if I do? If not, let em search and find us.
MediaWiki is an open source project. We can download it and host our own wiki, ie. http://www.botl.org/wiki or http://wiki.botl.org or some such.

We could even make it open only to members at first until we get it filled out and looking good then open it to the public if and when we choose.

Just an idea.... it would definitely be a fair amount of work to get off the ground....

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
OK, looks like i'm getting an oust fan. Had a cooler for bout 4 months now and haven't ever even thought about a fan. I think i'll go with another bag of beads, one for each side and then the fan. That ought to help a lot...not that i'm having trouble.