What's new

A newb's journey

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
OK this is a circular argument that isn't going to go anywhere. I'm going to listen to everyone's advice and not take things so seriously. Hell, in a couple of months I'll probably be agreeing with you.

Rating - 100%
101   0   0
Kitty Litter, you don't just use any kitty Litter it is a crystal based KL, works the same as beads. I have my cooler set up with them. A bag of KL cost a fraction of HF beads. I have two food grade tray filled with KL, spray with Distilled water until the RH gets to desired %. I run 69%. Add trays and boxes that you intend to use allow them to acclimate. Check RH % after a few days to a week to stabilize. Add cigars and things should waver a small amount and level out. The more stuff you have in the cooler the more stability you will have. I have two cedar tray's and two boxes. I open mine regularly so I don't worry about allowing fresh air in. I also use an indoor/outdoor thermometer to measure RH and Temp. You could look for coolidor setups and get better instructions on setting one up and what type of KL to purchase. Seem lie I paid $15. for three pounds of KL.
what he said https://www.amazon.com/Amazing-Cat-Litter-8-lbs/dp/B002DX62HM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1486881578&sr=8-1&keywords=amazing kitty litter 100% silica unscented

this thread is a little entertaining. different people gonna have different opinion's no need to get personal about differing opinion's

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Don't buy a bunch of dog rockets because they are cheap when starting off. Pretty sure most of us did this because we didn't have someone around to tell us not too. When I first started building out my humi in 2007 or something, it was FULL of dogrockets. Shit i got Thompsons, 5 pack deals , etc.... all garbage. But I had "100 cigars for only $200!" It's been 10 years now and I'm super picky. I don't ever go to the auction sites , I mainly stick to Small Batch and Famous for NC and a couple vendors I cannot name here for CC. I buy 5 packs, if I like them I buy by the box, at a discounted rate as I wait for coupons on said sites.

It's far better to smoke 1 really good stick a week than it is to smoke 1 shit stick, seven days a week. What I think you should do is buy a very nice cigar (and not super expensive), just one. Sayyyyy a Warped La Colmena or a Fuente Anejo, something along those lines. Light up a cigar from your OP list and the expensive cigar you just bought at the same time. Alternate puffs. This should give you a GREAT idea on why everyone here is telling you to slow down and stop buying rocky patels and alec bradleys.

By doing this you will truly see the depth of flavor that the "better" sticks have vs that list you posted originally. I think this exercise alone will stop you dead in your tracks from buying anymore cheap 5ers just to fill up a humi. Trust me, in 6 months you're going to hate yourself for buying all those dog rockets.