What's new

A newb's journey

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'm also trying to stabilize the refrigerator I will use this summer to store my coolidors. When not actively running, the humidity tends to climb higher then I think is safe. I found some Silica Gel re-chargeable desiccant beads at Hobby Lobby for $15. There is an online coupon for 40% off today. 5 lbs of beads cost me $9 no smell. I'm testing them now.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
The ones from Cheaphumidors.com they sell by the 1/2lb bag for 19 bucks plus shipping
HCM or kitty litter work fine. You can buy enough KL for all your humidor with no active anything needed for less than that. KL and Bovedas are a decent combination.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you explain to me what KL does? I've been wondering about that since I first saw it mentioned here

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, after thinking about it for a minute and with what you've been saying the Kitty litter is the way to go in the refrigerator re-fit. I'll lay a inch thick bed in the old produce trays and place the coolidors on the racks higher up.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Can you explain to me what KL does? I've been wondering about that since I first saw it mentioned here
Same thing other beads do but much cheaper. Not as good as HCM but I like them better than Heartfelt. At a fraction of either one.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Lol my experience is soley wih DW and Boveda packs
My point wasn't to question your bead authority. I fly on a plane and don't know how it gets in the air. I use KL and don't know the science behind it.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Still trying to understand if the KL has to be changed? Or does it give and take like the beads and can be dried out. I can explain how a plane flies but the chemistry behind humidity control loses me.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Still trying to understand if the KL has to be changed? Or does it give and take like the beads and can be dried out. I can explain how a plane flies but the chemistry behind humidity control loses me.
KL does not need to be changed normally.
Two way humidity, like beads.

I use KL for my non aging stuff (no reason at all, just how I've done it because I had some HCM beads before I found out about KL.) I use with bovedas and when the bovedas get a little drier, I spray the KL.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
KL does not need to be changed normally.
Two way humidity, like beads.

I use KL for my non aging stuff (no reason at all, just how I've done it because I had some HCM beads before I found out about KL.) I use with bovedas and when the bovedas get a little drier, I spray the KL.
Just read up on this. I can see why you use it!

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
My point wasn't to question your bead authority. I fly on a plane and don't know how it gets in the air. I use KL and don't know the science behind it.
OK so the wings on a plane slice the air and create two different air pressures above and below them. The air above the wing is moving faster and thusly at a lower pressure, the difference between the low pressure air above the wing and the higher pressure air below creates lift.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Hold on a minute, I need to get the popcorn and a cold drink so you can explain the humidity chemistry question next.

Rating - 100%
59   0   0
OK so the wings on a plane slice the air and create two different air pressures above and below them. The air above the wing is moving faster and thusly at a lower pressure, the difference between the low pressure air above the wing and the higher pressure air below creates lift.
FAKE NEWS!

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
What's the engine do?