What's new

A newb's journey

NOGILLS2

Navigator
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Kitty Litter, you don't just use any kitty Litter it is a crystal based KL, works the same as beads. I have my cooler set up with them. A bag of KL cost a fraction of HF beads. I have two food grade tray filled with KL, spray with Distilled water until the RH gets to desired %. I run 69%. Add trays and boxes that you intend to use allow them to acclimate. Check RH % after a few days to a week to stabilize. Add cigars and things should waver a small amount and level out. The more stuff you have in the cooler the more stability you will have. I have two cedar tray's and two boxes. I open mine regularly so I don't worry about allowing fresh air in. I also use an indoor/outdoor thermometer to measure RH and Temp. You could look for coolidor setups and get better instructions on setting one up and what type of KL to purchase. Seem lie I paid $15. for three pounds of KL.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Everyone knows the little engine says "i think I can, I think I can"

NOGills you on the way over, nice evening on the back porch!

squaresoft

It's dangerous to go alone, take this.
Rating - 100%
59   0   0
What's the engine do?
It compresses gas to create combustion which transfers energy to the propellers or turbine which generates the speed that allows the wings to cut the air

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
One thing I have learned after publishing that list is what I smoke from here on out will be my little secret.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Dude i still post up my JR Alternatives when i smoke em. Don't be embarrassed. Just remember #WelfareWednesday and also NEW tomorrow I will begin #DogRocketDomingo!
It's not a matter of money. If you know what you like and shop properly, you can get really good sticks cheap. And honestly, if people didn't want to know more about all this cigar stuff, why even come on the site?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
VeLoRoK If I can find a 3 or 4 dollar cigar that I enjoy I'm ahead of the game. What irks my butt is that every cigar I bought was well reviewed by Katman or one of the other popular reviewers. I though smoking cigars was a way to relax, swap a few stories and enjoy the company of others that have similar interests.

SOFC But sometimes it comes across as SNOB appeal.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
VeLoRoK If I can find a 3 or 4 dollar cigar that I enjoy I'm ahead of the game. What irks my butt is that every cigar I bought was well reviewed by Katman or one of the other popular reviewers. I though smoking cigars was a way to relax, swap a few stories and enjoy the company of others that have similar interests.

In the last two years, other than a few boxes, most of my stash has been in that 3-4 dollar range.

• Reviewers suck. (nothing personal against any of them. It's just that they don't have your tastes or mine, they have theirs.) Will there be something they all agree on? Yes, but it won't be in that price range.
  • You put up a whole bunch of sticks which people who know better do not like. What were you expecting? No one bashed you, people are giving you advice so you don't make the same mistakes we made. Having said that...
  • Who the hell cares what we think? You think I'm a snob? Fine, I am. So what? Does that make my comments less valid? No. I think the cigars you put up suck. But other people think the cigars I smoke suck.
  • If you want people just to agree to whatever you put up and tell you they're wonderful sticks and let you smoke crap, I'm sure some people can do that.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
SOFC I don't want to burn our relationship. You have valuable insights and experience I do not yet have, I have always tried to be respectful of your posts. I have not done the research but I FEEL that whenever someone rips on me your there to "like" the post.

Who cares what you think? I Do. Do I think you are a snob, no. I just think we could get along a bit better if you cut me slack sometimes

Rating - 100%
41   0   0

You see, @sofc makes his opinion (that he insists is fact, known by those who know better) and character well known to you early on when you join. It's like part of the initiation. Then you realize what he says doesn't matter at all because you like what you like, move on, and enjoy what you smoke just like everyone else here. Hell, I'll give you his address if you want to send him some sticks to try.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
You see, @sofc makes his opinion (that he insists is fact, known by those who know better) and character well known to you early on when you join. It's like part of the initiation. Then you realize what he says doesn't matter at all because you like what you like, move on, and enjoy what you smoke just like everyone else here. Hell, I'll give you his address if you want to send him some sticks to try.
What's my opinion? That those sticks suck? No, that's pretty much fact.
And you're insisting your opinion is fact also.

And again, if he did not want anyone's opinion, why put up a list and say "what do you think?"

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Here, I take it all back.
Those cigars were fantastic choices. Smoke what you like.

Is that better?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
SOFC I knew what you thought very early in the thread, why are you still rippen on it?