What's new

A Noob’s Venture into Firearms

bwhite220

Brandon | BotM Jan 2038
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
Have you had a chance to get to the range anymore? Those FTF may be from breaking it in, or your gun doesn't like that ammo. 6 would be considered a LOT of FTF in 200 rounds. When you start carrying you will want ammo that your gun will cycle and go BANG! every time without fail. And it's not uncommon for a gun to like certain ammo better than others.
Those first 200 rounds were from a buddy and they had been sitting for years. Since then, I’ve fired another 600 rounds with different ammo (Blazer, Federal Aluminum, and Federal Brass) and haven’t had a single FTF. I think the 6 were because of really old ammo (maybe?).

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
Those first 200 rounds were from a buddy and they had been sitting for years. Since then, I’ve fired another 600 rounds with different ammo (Blazer, Federal Aluminum, and Federal Brass) and haven’t had a single FTF. I think the 6 were because of really old ammo (maybe?).
Maybe. Or they type. Have you given it any oil? It's time for a light cleaning and oiling at this point. Quick search will tell you how. Just be sure to drop the Mag and CLEAR the chamber! Before disassembly. Obvious I know, but someone has a ND by failing to do that all the time....