What's new

A Proposition for All You Homerollers

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This does sound fun, exciting, and challenging. As well as an honor. I'm all in, almost?.. I am thinking of some things too add. Let me return to that. Great idea!
Individual roller sets there own unlimited timeline.
Mandatory submission acceptance.
The option to increase amount of blend submissions and, lot count within a blend.
The option to use proprietary leaf content within a blend anonymously.
Vitola freedom.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Individual roller sets there own unlimited timeline.
Mandatory submission acceptance.
The option to increase amount of blend submissions and, lot count within a blend.
The option to use proprietary leaf content within a blend anonymously.
Vitola freedom.
I have no idea what any of that means. Let me clarify the specifics of this project. If other projects are born out of this, I think that is great, but this one will be somewhat simplified (see OP).

5 identical sticks (exact same wrapper, binder, filler, size). They should also be from the same batch so the age is identical. This will give a consistency to the review so that each reviewer is smoking the same cigar. Entry deadline is January 31st 2017.

So far we have:

@nic
@Hopduro
@BrewinHooligan
@Jim D
@kamaangir
@Marc L

I know, or at least I think, there are more homerollers on BOTL. It would be nice to get one or two more to participate. Let me know.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Don't do that. You're the champ. Let's put our best foot forward.

I'm just saying I have some gars I like the taste of but they look like the dog ate straw when compared to summa you guys.

Gimme a couple more years.
Appearance is actually a very small factor in the overall rating scale we use at BMP. Don't worry about appearance. They don't have to look like they came out of El Titan de Bronze :)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I have no idea what any of that means.
Is that because of a lack of definition? .. Perhaps indifference?
Let me clarify the specifics of this project. If other projects are born out of this, I think that is great, but this one will be somewhat simplified (see OP).

5 identical sticks (exact same wrapper, binder, filler, size). They should also be from the same batch so the age is identical. This will give a consistency to the review so that each reviewer is smoking the same cigar. Entry deadline is January 31st 2017.

So far we have:

@nic
@Hopduro
@BrewinHooligan
@Jim D
@kamaangir
@Marc L

I know, or at least I think, there are more homerollers on BOTL. It would be nice to get one or two more to participate. Let me know.
Has anyone give @blisscigarco a nudge? He's been around. He just hasn't been posting. I miss you man.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't do that. You're the champ. Let's put our best foot forward.
I'm just saying I have some gars I like the taste of but they look like the dog ate straw when compared to summa you guys.
Gimme a couple more years.
Yeah, what A Huge Nerd said. I'll admit I've smoked something based on the look of it. Didn't always turn out but, lets face it, we are in a different class. and it's all opinion anyway right? As educated as it is.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Yeah, what A Huge Nerd said. I'll admit I've smoked something based on the look of it. Didn't always turn out but, lets face it, we are in a different class. and it's all opinion anyway right? As educated as it is.
Hey, I'm all into up these parejos, all of a sudden. They are such a total snap to make. Feels like the lazy man's way to make a gar. I feel sure I can make some presentable parejos. May call them Uppowoc Lazygars.

Here's the convincer: Got five pounds of H2k from WLT during Don's Black Friday five for four sale. Ambrosial stuff, but prolly not flexible enough to roll a proper perfecto. So I will prolly be batching out parejos for a while. Zeroing in on a blend now. Burnt a test stick last night that was number one first class. Two leaves corojo, bound with one leaf Dominican volado, wrapped in this new H2k. Mild, flavorful, solid spice, no pepper. Give it some age, it will be superb. Got another ready to wrap when I get home. Same deal, but bound with olor. I have high hopes for this. I'm betting I can pick out five presentables from what I roll this weekend, out of that tasty blend.

So if this is still on, I'm in.
Need addy.

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hey, I'm all into up these parejos, all of a sudden. They are such a total snap to make. Feels like the lazy man's way to make a gar. I feel sure I can make some presentable parejos. May call them Uppowoc Lazygars.

Here's the convincer: Got five pounds of H2k from WLT during Don's Black Friday five for four sale. Ambrosial stuff, but prolly not flexible enough to roll a proper perfecto. So I will prolly be batching out parejos for a while. Zeroing in on a blend now. Burnt a test stick last night that was number one first class. Two leaves corojo, bound with one leaf Dominican volado, wrapped in this new H2k. Mild, flavorful, solid spice, no pepper. Give it some age, it will be superb. Got another ready to wrap when I get home. Same deal, but bound with olor. I have high hopes for this. I'm betting I can pick out five presentables from what I roll this weekend, out of that tasty blend.

So if this is still on, I'm in.
Need addy.
Fantastic, and we are glad to have you!

A Huge Nerd

Lee-Hair-Oh
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Friendly reminder for all, and shipping info.

Entries are due before January 31st, 2017
5 Sticks total, rolled by you (all 5 must be same size, age, and blend)
Your name and/or BOTL name
Name of your cigar (if any)
Blend information
Date of rolling/wrapping (if not sure, approximate)

Please send them to:

Matt Tye
1212 18th Ave. SE
Forest Lake, MN 55025

Thank you!

nic

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Friendly reminder for all, and shipping info.
Incoming: 9400109699939469121568

• Your name and/or BOTL name : Nic Templeton
  • Name of your cigar (if any) : Unnamed
  • Blend information :
    • Filler : Nicaraguan Criollo Seco, Dominican Corojo Viso, Nicaraguan Criollo Ligero
    • Binder : Ecuadorian Broadleaf
    • Wrapper : Ecuadorian H2K
  • Date of rolling/wrapping (if not sure, approximate) : 11/25/2016